Many statists are mentaly ill. They know it and hide it from everyone.

I've recently had a friend confess to me that he cannot bare the pain of letting himself acknowldge the extent to which the state is the cause of everything going wrong in the world.  He literally told me he has too much of a hard time keeping it (life) together as it is which is in my view an exercise of truth avoidance.  Of course I told him that the destination is worth the pain of the journey but he was adamant that he must not embark on the journey.  I feel for him because he has not had a particularly easy life.  He told me that he has other friends that in moments of deep discussion admitted the same.  

Of course this will not affect me about speaking my views but I thought it was interesting information and wanted to share.  Who knows how many of our greatest enemies are barely hanging on to sanity and live in the pain of this avoidance.  

• Upvote 1

I feel for him because he has not had a particularly easy life.

Neither have I. I was recently pinned down in a place where I knew nobody and couldn't leave after a time where I had a great many things awoken in me and an unlimited outlet in/with which to explore it all. It's a level of isolation, starvation, and anguish I never thought possible. Here I stand before you, ready to speak the truth.

My best friend of a great many years on paper has no business being friends with me. The reason he's gone out of his way to maintain contact with me and keep that friendship alive is precisely because I AM a survivor. Times in my life when I thought it was over and saw no hope for the future, I picked myself up, took the steps I needed to to strengthen myself, and began walking towards the future anyways.

This is one of those things that people engage in that have the opposite effect of one's stated goals. He gets a pass because his life wasn't easy? Trying to maintain two "realities" complicates life, it doesn't make it easier. In fact, the only complication that comes from speaking the truth regarding State power is social ostracism. Which again means he's achieving the opposite effect of his stated goals. How many people that he has contact with or is connected to are afraid to speak the truth because of how HE might react. Because HE is currently deliberately living the lie.

Which brings us to you. You say you will not falter, but why are you continuing to allow this person in your life? It is one thing to be oblivious. It is another to know and deliberately disregard to the expense of everybody else. Just as in my last paragraph, if he had to lose you too, would that maybe not be the incentive he needs? What does his support network look like? I know in my most recent devastation, I plead for help out of sheer desperation. The response I received all but saved my life. Something I was able to achieve specifically BECAUSE I have spoken the truth for so long.

I appreciate your sensitivity on this topic. I encourage you to look it over once again please. There's some fundamental flaws in thinking here. You are both inadvertently perpetuating the cycle when breaking it would be easier than you both seem to think it would.

SgVufej.png

We can never be the bad guy in our own story. Acknowledging this is tantamount to suicide. I myself am not beholden to the state in any way therefore it's easy for me to condemn it. If I were dependent on it, I would see those that try to tear it down as the enemy.

We all, if not most of us, have the ability to see the truth but the fact is not all of us want to see the truth. Paul Ekman developed a whole science around liespotting and he can teach a person how to identify a lie with machine-like accuracy in a matter of days. Not many people knocked on his door.

People fight wars to hold on to their delusions.

I agree with your points.  In my opinion, being sympathetic is not a flaw.  My conversation with this friend is not yet finished.  I only speak to him a few times a year these days and to expect a radical change overnight is unfair. I appreciate your comments and the details of your journey and I will keep them in mind the next time I speak to him.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The whole ediface of the State, the guns, the fraud, the prisons, it's not for money or even power.  It's for justification.  Nothing is done except to justify that which is done.  Now partly this is because without the justification some fear (rightly in many cases) that they will be torn apart.  Mostly it's because how people are seen is literally the most important thing in some people's lives. 

Mostly it's because how people are seen is literally the most important thing in some people's lives. 

Excellent post. I can relate to the last sentence a lot. I think the feeling of pride can often dissuade people myself included from doing things that either maybe to their material benefit and long term health or from doing what is just. Seeing people in real life and not through the Internet act differently in a way that you know is just or probably to their long term benefit, I find helps. I think shame though can sometimes be the result of pride if you have the capacity for critical thinking and some level of empathy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.