Post EU Referendum Discussion – An Alternative POV

Rue

Hello all,

I hope this is a suitable forum to share this, if it's not please feel free to move it somewhere else.

I wanted to share with the following video with this community as I thought it would be something you would be interested in.

In the lead up to the Brexit Referendum last week, and in the days since, I've spoken to a lot of people about the key discussion points and what they thought of the overall voting process. What struck me was that even those who closely followed the pre-Referendum coverage were unable to articulate clearly their reasons for either wanting to stay or wanting to leave; which makes sense to me as none of their arguments were particularly based on a solid foundation. When I walked them through the points I cover in the video, I was struck by how engaged and how receptive people were to an argument starting from a few simple principles. I also think I managed to give those who were disappointed with the result a little hope for the future!

The video isn't perfect and it's the first time I've put myself out their for critics outside of my social circle. However, if you have a little bit of time to listen and would like to provide me some some feedback that would be really appreciated. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0al9tog6wg

All the best,

Rue.

• Upvote 1

I didn't have time to listen to all of it., but my initial reception is that it is professional enough, grounded enough and devoid of the low-brow pith, vitriol and childishness that many such sapling videos tend to come out with.

Keep at it. I think you have the basic components required to build up an audience, which will probably take a few years.

I think there is a lot of need for more UK voices in this sphere.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.