Do you know any Heroes around here?

RichardY

Do you know any Heroes around here?  "Enemy at the Gates".

Don't have to be from the Anglo-sphere, preferably alive, active, efficient and effective. Perhaps smaller lesser know ones and the organisation they work with. IMO some of the larger ones like Trump and his campaign while it might be effective, has the risk of if he goes down(corrupted, assassinated or accident) they all go down, not sure if there is a Trump MK II out there somewhere.

Also will keep the following list mostly to figureheads of organisations formerly or currently for brevity. If they have any current objective that you think is important say that too.

Hall of Heroes

(Subjective and IMO, will perhaps Edit with suggestions )

Stefan Molyneux (FDR)(The level of clarity in the presentations, also the forum seems to be very well laid out).

Nick Griffin (BNP)(Small British political party, heavily criticised by MSM, but investigated into MP expenses scandal and into Rotherham abuse).

Edward Snowden (CIA)( Whistle-blower on government corruption).

Tommy Robinson (EDL)(Critic of Sharia Law).

Ayaan Hirisi Ali (Opponent of FGM).

• Upvote 1

I think we should focus less on hero worship and more on being a heroes ourselves.

Once again, you've taken the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for your level of activity around here.

Tyler H is a hero. I am a hero. EVERY person who accepts their capacity for error in a world that tells them they aren't responsible for anything is a hero. EVERY person willing to examine their formative years even though it might challenge their belief that their parents were heroes are heroes. EVERY person who seeks win-win negotiation and denounces violence as a valid form of conflict resolution is a hero. EVERY person who prioritizes finding their tribe, pursuing their happiness, and standing up to their abusers is a hero. EVERY person who is willing to take on social ostracism for the sake of standing with the truth and making this world uncomfortable if not inhabitable for toxic people is a hero. The list goes on.

It is heroic to admit we were wrong, do whatever we can to reverse the damage we've done in the past, follow our heart, and protect our future children.

SgVufej.png

• Upvote 4

Once again, you've taken the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for your level of activity around here.

Tyler H is a hero. I am a hero. EVERY person who accepts their capacity for error in a world that tells them they aren't responsible for anything is a hero. EVERY person willing to examine their formative years even though it might challenge their belief that their parents were heroes are heroes. EVERY person who seeks win-win negotiation and denounces violence as a valid form of conflict resolution is a hero. EVERY person who prioritizes finding their tribe, pursuing their happiness, and standing up to their abusers is a hero. EVERY person who is willing to take on social ostracism for the sake of standing with the truth and making this world uncomfortable if not inhabitable for toxic people is a hero. The list goes on.

It is heroic to admit we were wrong, do whatever we can to reverse the damage we've done in the past, follow our heart, and protect our future children.

SgVufej.png

Thank you for your words, D.! 

Your comment is not only philosophically suitable for this thread, but also beautiful and touching (at least for me).  <kiss> 

And worth reposting. 

In my own personal history, as a child I was forced to comply so I've "took away" my desire to be a "good boy" and projected it into abstractions like patriotism, where they merged with other fantasies like grandiosity etc. 

It took me a looooong time to frame the heroism back into the reality, to have back my basic, authentic (and not: sentimental) satisfaction from being a virtuous man.

• Upvote 1

SgVufej.png

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for your words, D.! 

Your comment is not only philosophically suitable for this thread, but also beautiful and touching (at least for me).  <kiss> 

And worth reposting. 

In my own personal history, as a child I was forced to comply so I've "took away" my desire to be a "good boy" and projected it into abstractions like patriotism, where they merged with other fantasies like grandiosity etc. 

It took me a looooong time to frame the heroism back into the reality, to have back my basic, authentic (and not: sentimental) satisfaction from being a virtuous man.

Thank you, Maciej, for sharing that equally touching story. This is why it is so important that we try to be and embrace the hero in ourselves instead of looking to without. To not be ashamed in a world that would try and make us small to manage their own righteous discomfort. As we stand tall, the giants that we are, we lift each other up. We encourage those just coming out of their shells to stand up. We continue to run back into the burning building of narrative and rescue each and every person who wants to be saved.

To all the evil doers in the world: Watch your step. You are so small that we cannot even see you. We've worked very hard to be so strong that we have the extra strength to be able to pick up every last person who will not squander this precious gift of life. If you should be underfoot as this happens, you will be stamped out and the world will not even notice. May the truth suffocate every last one of you who deliberately subjugate your fellow humans with your words and actions.

SgVufej.png

• Upvote 1

A knight in shining armor usually was jsut another murderer for the state. The ones in black armor wer usually victims/thiefs/rebels.

A HERO was the guy whom invented the printing press and who spoke the truth when it was uncomfortable. Like certain astronemer... ;)

Nowdays... we only need to be the former and little bit of the latter. (mostly verbal confrontation or ostracism).

So yeah i know some heroes. Just like those Dsayers said.... but with one addition.

A hero needs to be around people who trust him enough that he can tell them theyre wrong in soemthing. In error. World will not be just saved by heroes whom stood up to evil and abuse and for reason.

It will be saved by heroes whom kept other heroes in check and mentally sound by NOT sugarcoating theyre critism or feelings.

I think it's better to clearly define what we mean by "hero" rather than casting as wide a net as possible.

To me a hero is one with strong principles that stands by them even in the face of adversity and does not compromise on them even if it's in their own best interest.

I think it's better to clearly define what we mean by "hero" rather than casting as wide a net as possible.

To me a hero is one with strong principles that stands by them even in the face of adversity and does not compromise on them even if it's in their own best interest.

So, us then? (or at least we're trying to be)

Certain unpleasant people in history can be cast under that light. Is it enough to be stubborn?

Well I specifically said having principles which is different from stubborn. Can you give me some example of unpleasant heroes?

Depends on how you define principles. Are the principles you agree with the only valid principles? Did the Bolsheviks have no principles of their own? Did the Nazis? The Inquisition? Where they devoid of convictions they didn't back down from?

Depends on how you define principles. Are the principles you agree with the only valid principles? Did the Bolsheviks have no principles of their own? Did the Nazis? The Inquisition? Where they devoid of convictions they didn't back down from?

A principle is an universal rule of conduct. Some principles are moral like the NAP and some are very vile like kill all gays. However I wouldn't call the principles that are detrimental to my life evil because I define evil as going against your principles each time it's within your interest. Basically hypocrisy of any sort is evil, on a spectrum of course. Like if you have a principle that stealing is good I wouldn't call you evil unless you start complaining when other people steal from you.

Some principles hold up longer than others. The NAP is not perfect because I don't know, for example, what should I do in a situation where someone verbally threatens my life and I also hold free speech as a principle. I can define threats as the initiation of force thus I can defend myself against them accordingly. I am not breaking the NAP but I am breaking the free speech principle. If a person knows they will suffer severe consequences over threatening someone verbally then they will inevitably censor themselves.

The communist principle of there's no such thing as private property fails from the get-go. If the dictator's house is not his but the people's and I am part of the people then does it not follow than I have a right to live there as much as he does? This is why communism is pure evil. If a communist ever comes at me explaining to me the righteousness of his position then it simply follows I, as an anarcho-capitalist, can easily take each and every one of his possessions on the spot without calling it theft. Him defining that as theft is tantamount to him accepting the private property principle.

Yeah I think that's a fair point. I think the idea of the hero standing on principle even at cost to themselves (Public Profile, Financial Interests, Death Threats, going against special interests directly or indirectly and opposing injustices), distinguishes them from others. 

SgVufej.png

giphy.gif

I see this got down voted.  I apologize - I meant it as a lighthearted joke to signify my approval for dsayers' post, but see how it could be taken as an insult. Again, apologies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.