Just in case you weren't persuaded already

csekavec

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160726221146.htm

"We found that low aerobic capacity was associated with increased rates of death. The association between exercise capacity and all-cause death was graded, with the strongest risk in the tertile with the lowest maximum aerobic capacity. The effect of aerobic capacity on risk of death was second only to smoking."

"The length of follow up in our study is unique," continued Dr Ladenvall. "When this study began, most data was derived from hospital cohorts and there was very limited data on exercise testing in a large general population. Our sample is representative of the male population in Gothenburg at that time. The risk associated with low aerobic capacity was evident throughout more than four decades and suggests that being physically active can have a big impact over a lifetime."

He concluded: "We have come a long way in reducing smoking. The next major challenge is to keep us physically active and also to reduce physical inactivity, such as prolonged sitting."

Get off your ass!

• Upvote 6

I've been meaning to make a topic on what I've been up to with regards to fitness. It's not hard to do. The more you do, the better off you'll be. The more focused you do it, the better off you'll get at it. A buddy of mine shared with me The New Rules of Lifting Supercharged. Just telling me the basics and us doing a few exercises in his home gym on 5 Jun, my body showed gains. The way I moved even as I sat down, got in and out of my car, etc was SAFER in terms of avoiding back injury. I've been putting that book's program to work and the gains have been exponential. Because I've been burning fat (becoming lighter) and developing muscle (able to move easier).

The journey has been amazing and indeed, life changing. And it's really simple to do. Soon, I will make a thread detailing my experience to help encourage others. Anyways, thanks for posting this.

• Upvote 2

I love focusing on something I'm reading or writing in a way in which I can be comfortable sitting for many hours at a time. So...to combat this inclination I set a timer and every 30 minutes of sitting it goes off to remind me to get up and do some push ups, high knees, sprinting around the house, stretching, or yoga moves for about 5-10 minutes. This is in addition to a daily workout of some kind. Feels very doable, amounts to plenty of movement throughout the day and I can attest to how huge an impact this has on my blood sugars and insulin needs. Sedentary all day = requiring about 40 iu insulin vs the above described system = 30 iu insulin (with same food intake). Huge gains :)

• Upvote 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.