harsher sentencing for women ?

In general, there are a lot of problems with the "justice" system, my guess is that really only 5-10% of the people in jail really need to be separated from society, the rest are victims of the State having legislated crimes out of thin air, and the court system bullying people into plea bargains.  That said, there are definitely cases where women who have done horrible things get off easy because vagina.  I wonder if a way to eliminate racial/sexist bias would be to have the person doing the sentencing, have only the facts of the case, not know the identity of the people involved.  I know some have proposed this.

Then you're misunderstanding my point, you differentiate between men and women by claiming that only women can have children.That simply isn't true, as men can have children too.

you miss understand the question, thus you have no point in regards to the question of crime, men get punished more harshly than women, a man needs a woman in order to have a child men dont have children they raise them

if a man has committed a crime or suspected of one, the man is sanctioned harshley and if the man gets a women pregnant he is under more scrutiny in raising that child

if a woman has committed a crime or suspected of one the woman can get pregnant and is under less scrutiny hence the question of crime and punishment

In general, there are a lot of problems with the "justice" system, my guess is that really only 5-10% of the people in jail really need to be separated from society, the rest are victims of the State having legislated crimes out of thin air, and the court system bullying people into plea bargains.  That said, there are definitely cases where women who have done horrible things get off easy because vagina.  I wonder if a way to eliminate racial/sexist bias would be to have the person doing the sentencing, have only the facts of the case, not know the identity of the people involved.  I know some have proposed this.

a better use of the impartial system would be more realistic in regards to primery crime murder theft assault

facts of the case are evidence a knife or a crowbar or evidence from the crime on the individual.  but i think it falls to bits in the family courts somewhat in the UK anyway, due to government corporate parenting and there self interest to adopt or foster.

facts of the case: in regards to family court tend to be he said she said and end up being dispute based arguments

a better use of the impartial system would be more realistic in regards to primery crime murder theft assault

facts of the case are evidence a knife or a crowbar or evidence from the crime on the individual.  but i think it falls to bits in the family courts somewhat in the UK anyway, due to government corporate parenting and there self interest to adopt or foster.

facts of the case: in regards to family court tend to be he said she said and end up being dispute based arguments

family courts shouldn't exist.  something as delicate as divorce shouldn't be left in the hands of the violent power of the State.  I thought we were talking about sentencing tho

you miss understand the question, thus you have no point in regards to the question of crime, men get punished more harshly than women, a man needs a woman in order to have a child men dont have children they raise them

if a man has committed a crime or suspected of one, the man is sanctioned harshley and if the man gets a women pregnant he is under more scrutiny in raising that child

if a woman has committed a crime or suspected of one the woman can get pregnant and is under less scrutiny hence the question of crime and punishment

I simply state that your reason to punish women harder than men isn't true since, i repeat, men are just as responsible for their children as women. A woman needs a man to have a child, it's just that sperm is more available than uteri and eggs for obvious reasons. I would say that when you fertilize an egg that you're having a child, but apparently having children is in your case the act of giving birth. So if you actually mean pregnancy and giving birth by saying "having children" then yes there is a difference between men and women.

However you have yet to explain why that difference is relevant so i was forced to assume something, in this case i assumed that you hinted at the difference in responsibility for the children because women "can have children"  so they their crimes are more severe because by committing crimes they also abuse their children. But since there is some other relevancy this argument isn't appropriate. 

You may have brought arguments in which men are treated unfairly by the court system but that only means punishment should be equal, not that women should be punished harder than men.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.