Final Boss of The Internet

Wuzzums

It seems like a nice idea on the surface, but having experience with programming, I'd say this project would be in vain, because they can just add a list of exceptions to the AI, so I'd imagine it would not hold much more value than a novelty. I doubt that they would release such an AI that was not chained to google/its creators.

• 2 weeks later...

Programming experience here too, but I would ask how does Google censor the word which is its own brand? How do they separate the "bad" googles from the "good" googles? An exception to not censor "google" essentially makes the technique succeed at preventing censorship. If they do censor "googles" as a code word, they must at least in some cases end up censoring their own brand name. I think this is a clever strategy without a simple "exception" fix from how it looks to me. Maybe you could set me straight on what an exception for "google" would do against this campaign.

• Upvote 1

I thought they were just trying to make google censor its own name, because I did not see any usefulness in hijacking the name to use for some universal catch all thing. Or whatever complicated goal they have. So in that case I spoke in haste, and maybe this is some kind of genius thing that I don't understand. Sorry.

They probably have exceptions for 'white', 'conservative' and perhaps even 'family' so that everyone can slander those as much as they want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.