The Princess Archetype

aviet

I've had little contact with these people and was interested in hearing the deductions of anyone who might have.

I had an adult student who very much wanted a man who would treat her like a princess. This man would take care of her, support her (financially), and I can't remember the other things she said in regards to it. We had nothing but pleasant interactions with each other, but I found myself not really wanting to interact with her further. It seemed like a poor bargain to me.

I had an adult student who very much wanted a man who would treat her like a princess. This man would take care of her, support her (financially), and I can't remember the other things she said in regards to it. We had nothing but pleasant interactions with each other, but I found myself not really wanting to interact with her further. It seemed like a poor bargain to me.

I thought similar. They seem to be similar to the Christian-conservative, stay-at-home, homeschooling types in that they want the man to be in control of resource gathering, but there it seems to largely end. While the above stay-at-home mother would make it known and seek to bring value in terms of nurturing, tutoring and other tasks, the princess does not want those responsibilities, or any others. They just seem to demand resources out of virtue of their perceived attractiveness and anything that is to be reciprocated is at their discretion. From my small knowledge into this world it seems to be connected with fathers, who seems to be good bread-winners that spoil their or a daughter(s).

One of the most extreme expressions of this appears to be the phenomena of rinsing, in which attractive women seduce men and drain them of resources like being put up in an apartment, expensive jewelry, cars, etc., but they will never engage in any type of physical relationship.

My dad told called me a princess growing up (like many dad's might do) and he did also tell me a man should treat me like a princess. He did however, also tell me to find a virtuous man and that if I did, I should treat him like a prince and also be worthy of him. 

Usually when women refer to themselves that way it tends to involve the first half of what I heard growing up and as I recall, it is in the same vain with the big overcorrection that the feminist movement did in trying to save women from new silly problems like not being constantly admired and revered throughout her day.

My dad told called me a princess growing up (like many dad's might do) and he did also tell me a man should treat me like a princess. He did however, also tell me to find a virtuous man and that if I did, I should treat him like a prince and also be worthy of him. 

Usually when women refer to themselves that way it tends to involve the first half of what I heard growing up and as I recall, it is in the same vain with the big overcorrection that the feminist movement did in trying to save women from new silly problems like not being constantly admired and revered throughout her day.

I was pretty confused by that first sentence for a moment because until now I had assumed you were a guy, lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.