Propaganda for the draft

I just saw a commercial on the morning propaganda from ABC where there was a classroom full of highschool aged girls with a female teacher the the teacher was talking about registering for Selective Sevice, aka the draft. She said "most men register because its the law but girls, you need to groom all the guys you know to register too. its quick and easy!!!"

Are you kidding me??? this is getting way out of control!!! Girls, go out and use your feminin persuasion to talk your male friends into signing up to get killed in the draft?

Oh, wow, just saw another one with a guy dressed as Lincoln talking to three guys dressed in graduation robes and hats telling them that it is their duty as a citizen or immigrant to register for the draft within 30 days of turning 18. "better get down to the post office and get that form filled out guys" he said.

This shit is totally unacceptable. They dont even try to hide their propaganda.

Great! Here comes another one of a father telling his son that now its time to go register because its the law and its fast and easy. They are playing a new version of this bullshit once every commercial break

Maybe its because I live in colorado springs, which is a HUGE military town, but it seems ever other commercial on tv is some patriotic, military dick sucking propaganda piece.

Are they getting that desperate for new useful idiots to join because people are wising up that they resort to this kind of shit now?

• Upvote 1

As a teen, I preferred tapes to radio. As a young adult, VHS to television. I cannot recall the last time I listened to the radio or watched commercial television. Even before self-knowledge and rational thought, I was able to see through marketing and it was repulsive to me. It seems to be for you to. So I wonder: Why subject yourself to that? Because I'm not into commercial television, I never looked into Tivo, but doesn't it allow you to just watch the programs or something?

• Upvote 1

As a teen, I preferred tapes to radio. As a young adult, VHS to television. I cannot recall the last time I listened to the radio or watched commercial television. Even before self-knowledge and rational thought, I was able to see through marketing and it was repulsive to me. It seems to be for you to. So I wonder: Why subject yourself to that? Because I'm not into commercial television, I never looked into Tivo, but doesn't it allow you to just watch the programs or something?

We do have Netflix but my wife likes to watch Good Morning America and even though most of it is blatent propaganda I still like to listen to all sides of things. Normally I'm not so repulsed but these commercials just set me off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.