Woman Rejects Feminism, Triggers SJWs video

Xbander

On December 27th, 2016, Stefan reloaded a YouTube video that he uploaded several weeks prior, titled "Woman rejects feminism, triggers SJWs".
There is something Stefan is missing in his argument, he says that late teens/early 20s is the best time to have children for health and fertility reasons, and encourages women to go with child-rearing first, career later, but at this point in a person's life, most people have very little money and can barely afford to live on their own. Picture it: Young couple, the woman stays at home to be a young mother, WHERE is the money coming from? The father's crummy job changing tires or stocking overnight at Walmart? You can't raise a family in 2016 with an income like that. More money has to come from somewhere.
Living in Toronto, being older and well-to-do with his successful wife, Stef's position isn't in touch with the current economic situation for the age group he is encouraging to have children.

Am I wrong? Did I misunderstand his statement?

Then I was mistaken, sometimes I mix up the podcasts with the videos, or that woman has been on the show more than once recently and said the exact same things again. Particularly the dialog "men love women...but men hate feminism...I apologize on behalf of women."
Mike, can you or Stef (or anyone) defend Stef's position that it would be better for a married woman to postpone a career, stay at home and engage in child-rearing "late teens, early 20s" on a single income, when most people at that age can barely afford to live on their own in 2016?

That would be very bad advice for most people in today's economy according to reason and evidence. Wouldn't it?

"I stopped reading..." is not a counter-argument.

It's not a counter argument, but when people get basic facts wrong at the start, I assume such behavior will continue and I value my time.

If you'd like to criticize something - it's best to offer a timestamp if you want me to respond. It's boring to waste time respond to what people think they heard Stefan say, that he didn't say.

I could respond to you in text form, but it would be far more fun if you called into the show to make your case directly. Want to call in?

Sure, I wouldn't mind calling in. It's been a few years since I was last on the show quoting Stefan, let's do it. Do I still go right to the front of the line for questioning something Stefan has said, or what kind of waiting list am I looking at?

Sure, I wouldn't mind calling in. It's been a few years since I was last on the show quoting Stefan, let's do it. Do I still go right to the front of the line for questioning something Stefan has said, or what kind of waiting list am I looking at?

I want to do the same at some point. What I think is that, the exact time he suggests is irrelevant. The point was in polar contrast to what feminism and the college bubble suggests. So, why have a 50-100k debt in a field you wont get a job in by choosing to be a stay at home mom? It makes no sense but, I believe he is suggesting that, there is no point in waiting, and having missed her golden chance with a better mate. I see a lot of women making this mistake or in the career and living like a frat boy. Many running out on their husband and for carousel riding after the family so, I think he is bringing reason and evidence as to a alternative choice. Then again, I could be off and I cannot speak for him.

I am thinking I too should have found a mate ideally as a much younger man. It gets much trickier as time goes on. Also, it becomes harder to relate to the trends, to the styles the music or even the way of things. I did a writing course one year just for fun. I did not understand the skinny jeans, the hipster haircuts or every girl wearing stretchy pants. So, I think there is some value in that. search in youth for someone ideal. I would not trade that

I see the points for fertility, but still it would make sense with late 20s, not late teens, as Stefan suggests a few times with the caller. In your late teens/early 20s, practically nobody in America can support a family, since all you're good for at that time are minimum wage jobs. You have to be getting help from somewhere else to pull off something like that now.

I see the points for fertility, but still it would make sense with late 20s, not late teens, as Stefan suggests a few times with the caller. In your late teens/early 20s, practically nobody in America can support a family, since all you're good for at that time are minimum wage jobs. You have to be getting help from somewhere else to pull off something like that now.

Thus my use of the word "cliche".

I was looking at what's biologically preferable, not economically preferable.

Also, an 18 year old boy graduating high school, if he really resisted his indoctrination, can still make an absolute killing if he applies himself correctly. Obviously I'm not saying that this is possible on a grand scale with current conditions--it's pointed more towards people reading this board. Consigning yourself to minimum wage jobs because the economic conditions are bad right now is fatalistic.

Start a small business washing windows and watch your jaw drop when you start pulling in $250-400 a day. An 18 year old who could pull that off could easily be capable of supporting a full-time wife by his late 20's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.