recommended dating sites for pro-liberty people

jimmo100

Hi,

Can anyone recommend - through personal experience - any dating sites catering to customers with libertarian values? I mean I know most people are pro-liberty, deep down, but I'm looking to reduce the grunt-work to manageable levels. [edit: no, I don't mean that kind of grunt-work ;-) ]

I tend to shy away from 'free' sites, but if I get a good recommendation I will check it out. I'm in Europe currently but I'd still be interested to hear about other geographical areas as well. I've tried dating sites before with not much success. It could be time to have another go, though, as that was a few years back.

Thanks.

I've hardly used dating sites because they are deeply flawed regardless whether they are free.  But I looked around OKCupid a bit at people that had high match scores and found that it located some interesting profiles, although hardly anyone had a very good score with me.  I only answered one or two market related questions, yet I still found some libertarians.  So that was kinda fascinating because there seems to be a tendency for my views in general to correspond with more libertarian types.  The highest at 96% was someone that posted here years ago.  (I hesitate to name her forum handle.) That site can be used to locate people with specific responses to whatever topics there are questions for.  It's at least good for that narrow purpose.

• Upvote 1

If you are in the U.S. you could try a Google for:

site:pof.com libertarian

Or other subjects. Have seen women with 'peaceful parenting', SM, Ancap and others.

I'm not sure if any other dating sites allow you to search profiles like that.

But you'll find slim pickings in Europe.

I've hardly used dating sites because they are deeply flawed regardless whether they are free.  But I looked around OKCupid a bit at people that had high match scores and found that it located some interesting profiles, although hardly anyone had a very good score with me.  I only answered one or two market related questions, yet I still found some libertarians.  So that was kinda fascinating because there seems to be a tendency for my views in general to correspond with more libertarian types.  The highest at 96% was someone that posted here years ago.  (I hesitate to name her forum handle.) That site can be used to locate people with specific responses to whatever topics there are questions for.  It's at least good for that narrow purpose.

Interesting, Caley,

Thanks for that response.

Disappointing that the scoring system wasn't reflective enough... if that is what you were getting at. That would seem to indicate people had other criteria which they rated as highly or more highly as the liberty values.

Seems there is so much potential in this sector, though. So much unmet demand for romantic partners. But maybe it is also a sign that friendships are not blossoming first. Because that is apparently how a lot of people find their match in life... friends of friends & family.

Could it be as simple as that? The focus is on finding a match, specifically, because of practical biological timing. It's as though finding a match through making friends is the more organic way of going about it. And results in higher quality relationships. But there are social pressures which are brought to bear on individuals for trying to hold on to their integrity in a world where the opposite is encouraged. That, I think, is also true.

May I ask, why do you think a free dating service vs a paid-membership service makes little or no difference to one's chances of success? I always assumed that regardless of the product/service one tends to think things through far more before putting something of value up. Perhaps it would act as a filter of some kind which works out beneficially. Your thoughts on that?

aviet,

No, not in the US. Sometimes I wish I was, other times I'm glad I'm not.

I will check out that link, though. thanks

Side note:

I redpilled my wife in about a year. And I didn't even vet her for rationality when we started out. I got fully redpilled myself and then pulled her in very gradually. Got her from bernie supporting SJW over to trump and proud to be rational.

I'm sure I'm lucky, but I don't think that's all of it.

•My wife is a smart person. As in, I've seen her brain do complex calculations that mine balks at. If i had to online date, I'd probably screen for that rather than an already established set of great ideologies.

•although a strong feminist when we started, she was still a woman. and i believe with that comes a certain imprintability to the one she pair bonds with. she respects me and what i do for our family, and allowed me to naturally lead us into a new position, trusting that i would do whats best to protect our clan.

My point is that in today's landscape, most women are on the train of the prevailing ideologies, but probably not as deeply as they signal. Find a smart woman, and appeal to her desire to have strong offspring and a secure life, and watch her blossom into an anarchist.

• Upvote 2

Disappointing that the scoring system wasn't reflective enough... if that is what you were getting at. That would seem to indicate people had other criteria which they rated as highly or more highly as the liberty values.

May I ask, why do you think a free dating service vs a paid-membership service makes little or no difference to one's chances of success? I always assumed that regardless of the product/service one tends to think things through far more before putting something of value up. Perhaps it would act as a filter of some kind which works out beneficially. Your thoughts on that?

1.  No.  I mean the answers to some questions have predictive power on the answers to other questions.

2.  Women just get spammed to death and quit.  Very attractive women will have unmanageable exploding inboxes.  It's all of the problems from anonymity amped to the ultimate extreme with a megadose of testosterone.  The only effective filter is true identity.  I'm opposed to anonymity in general because identification keeps people honest.  But in this setting it is ridiculous.  It's just ruins everything for upstanding people.

Side note:

I redpilled my wife in about a year. And I didn't even vet her for rationality when we started out. I got fully redpilled myself and then pulled her in very gradually. Got her from bernie supporting SJW over to trump and proud to be rational.

I'm sure I'm lucky, but I don't think that's all of it.

•My wife is a smart person. As in, I've seen her brain do complex calculations that mine balks at. If i had to online date, I'd probably screen for that rather than an already established set of great ideologies.

•although a strong feminist when we started, she was still a woman. and i believe with that comes a certain imprintability to the one she pair bonds with. she respects me and what i do for our family, and allowed me to naturally lead us into a new position, trusting that i would do whats best to protect our clan.

My point is that in today's landscape, most women are on the train of the prevailing ideologies, but probably not as deeply as they signal. Find a smart woman, and appeal to her desire to have strong offspring and a secure life, and watch her blossom into an anarchist.

Very nicely stated! I hope some people listen to you.

For a libertarian, yes, for a Nazi, try Croatia.

http://ethniko.net/blog/ustasha-chic-croatian-fascist-girls/

Addendum: Oh, I see you're already there. Zbogom.

They are in fact extremely rare over here (among women anyway). They also aren't/weren't Nazis, more like militant Catholics propped up by Italy and Hungary which ended up fighting for Germany. And their uniforms just don't do it for me.

Nice. My question though pertaining to the post, did you meet online? I would am doubtful.

I don't have high hopes of you finding a match on any site, unless it's a Christian dating site.

I wouldn't recommend christian sites as the 3 people I know who have used them all ended up getting someone/getting pregnant, because they were having extramarital sex without protection.

I understand that the OP's purpose of searching online is to easily identify someone who has shared values. The problem with online dating in my experience is that it attracts 4 types of people. People who are interested in casual sex(people who aren't interested in a real deep virtue based relationship), people who have extreme or general anxiety(anti-social types which aren't good mates, or won't meet up), people who have little time for a full time commitment to a relationship(they will just waste your time as you date them week to week), or they are desperate(people who are unattractive, either physically or mentally, or they really need a sperm donor).

So the fundamental question or purpose of this post remains. How do you find your libertarian soulmate? Well if I find out I will tell you. My last ex was a "libertarian atheist" which I was really enthralled with at first until I found out that it was based not in reason, but in emotion. So while we agreed on how things should be we really couldn't discuss philosophy or liberty because she was incapable of following the arguments. This ultimately resulted in a serious lack of self knowledge that culminated in a mental breakdown and the subsequent ending of our relationship.

While I am young and still have hope of finding my dream girl(it only took about 150 dates and 4 years of serious dedication to find 1 that was pretty close to my ideal) I think I might slowly be getting convinced by Molyneux's presentations that it wouldn't be bad to join a religious cult to find a woman to raise a family with. I'm thinking Mormonism since all of those that I have met have been truly outstanding people in my experience.

None.

Get out in the world and do stuff.

I imagine you mean well but, that is a far cry from, "just be yourself." The truth is there but majority of people have not a damn clue as to what that even means. If be yourself meant, "be clingy, needy, overly attached, and beta to the max," this is the mating call of the loser.

Despite a great deal of man dedicated to self awareness and knowledge, many are perplexed on how to approach the current world of dating. I love FDR but, I disagree with this notion of how simple it is. The vast majority are on carousel and looking to be homemaker when the dating market stops producing.

A man who were to go public with a business ideally would much prefer to meet someone long before things take then shortly after as I would never trust at that point.

Lauren Southern went on many college and uni campuses across the country. She went to find Trump supporters. I think she found only one. This is what the education system is producing and this is the sort of caliber of man coming out to one day be the future. Its a scary thought. She stands out as a NAWALT but again, so few and far between.

It is my hope with the election over that Stefan returns to the gene war subject. One day, I will call in but, for now, I would like to try and figure it out myself as I know he will call me out on my contradictions (something well all have). Again, I am grateful for all the work you guys do.

Lauren Southern went on many college and uni campuses across the country. She went to find Trump supporters. I think she found only one. This is what the education system is producing and this is the sort of caliber of man coming out to one day be the future. Its a scary thought. She stands out as a NAWALT but again, so few and far between.

I like Trump as a person, but his platform is almost 100% anti-market.  Bryan Caplan debunked the myth of educating people being less libertarian ages ago with his study "Intelligent People Think Like Economists".  Educated people are more pro-market, especially in the "anti-foreign bias" category.  It's easy to see then how his support would come from the uneducated primarily when his message primarily consisted of protectionism.

I like Trump as a person, but his platform is almost 100% anti-market.  Bryan Caplan debunked the myth of educating people being less libertarian ages ago with his study "Intelligent People Think Like Economists".  Educated people are more pro-market, especially in the "anti-foreign bias" category.  It's easy to see then how his support would come from the uneducated primarily when his message primarily consisted of protectionism.

I would have to disagree based upon what I have seen in my own experience in college/uni campuses but, I have not seen that so, I would love a link or some source to follow along. Furthermore, with "educated" women, we see the feminist, pro choice + quick to let you know about it, liberal, and a lot of 'female chameleons.' As in, one sec, she is gloating about Clinton winning, madam president followed by female victimhood. You educated women on the conservative side and again, if a man were to seek out a NAWALT, Lauren Southern is a pretty damn good archetype IMHO. With respect to your post, I appreciate the point, and the well thought out response.

Without the link, it is really difficult for me to actually post on the matter however, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the intelligent would be pro free market. Then again, with all the anti trump rhetoric on campuses, the leftist jargon, and promotion of victimhood, it is hard to grasp that this is mentality of the current generation of the educated. Its not been my experience nor what I see.

Any take on "pro liberty dating/sites?" What I see of college educated women, it is very left, no open discussion of free ideas or critical thinking. Case closed victim mentality.

Most NAWALTs no one will ever see out in the dating market. They have good, protective families who develop a tight network whereby they meet their beloved very young. They are not Lauren Southerns. Lauren Southern is an anomaly. A woman in a man's environment, who just happens to have been redpilled. Most NAWALTs never need to be redpilled, because they marry young and follow their man's lead. They never go out "into the world." That is the man's job. 

I imagine you mean well but, that is a far cry from, "just be yourself." The truth is there but majority of people have not a damn clue as to what that even means. If be yourself meant, "be clingy, needy, overly attached, and beta to the max," this is the mating call of the loser.

Despite a great deal of man dedicated to self awareness and knowledge, many are perplexed on how to approach the current world of dating. I love FDR but, I disagree with this notion of how simple it is. The vast majority are on carousel and looking to be homemaker when the dating market stops producing.

A man who were to go public with a business ideally would much prefer to meet someone long before things take then shortly after as I would never trust at that point.

It is my hope with the election over that Stefan returns to the gene war subject. One day, I will call in but, for now, I would like to try and figure it out myself as I know he will call me out on my contradictions (something well all have). Again, I am grateful for all the work you guys do.

Stefan's point is that if you are true to your virtues you will naturally weed out the unfit, you just have to be willing to say no to a lot of people. To find "the one" worth saying yes to, you have to be willing to say no to a lot of people. People get confused into thinking that others are rejecting them when they present themselves for who they are, but it is yourself that is rejecting the other by not conforming to their values. Debasing yourself so you can garner the attention or appreciation of others is a sure way to living a life of misery.

Education /= intelligence, especially considering that standards are down across the board and the majority of women in college are getting soft majors which require little effort to achieve.

Stefan's point is that if you are true to your virtues you will naturally weed out the unfit, you just have to be willing to say no to a lot of people. To find "the one" worth saying yes to, you have to be willing to say no to a lot of people. People get confused into thinking that others are rejecting them when they present themselves for who they are, but it is yourself that is rejecting the other by not conforming to their values. Debasing yourself so you can garner the attention or appreciation of others is a sure way to living a life of misery.

Education /= intelligence, especially considering that standards are down across the board and the majority of women in college are getting soft majors which require little effort to achieve.

But but the wage gap, women make 70 cents on the dollar. Victimhood!

I want to call in one day and talk to Stefan. I just feel like he will call me out on my contradictions and hypocrisy lol

I appreciate the response. Let me just say, the reality of approaching lots of women, you get rejected a lot but, you date more and you are constantly sift through nonsense. It really is eye opening but most men are not willing to set aside their ego or risk rejection to this sort of extent but, the cause is greater then anything rejection. I simply have no choice if a I want to have choice and to 'vet' a good woman.

Most NAWALTs no one will ever see out in the dating market. They have good, protective families who develop a tight network whereby they meet their beloved very young. They are not Lauren Southerns. Lauren Southern is an anomaly. A woman in a man's environment, who just happens to have been redpilled. Most NAWALTs never need to be redpilled, because they marry young and follow their man's lead. They never go out "into the world." That is the man's job. 

I agree. She is an anomaly who has her eyes open and therefore, a NAWALT if I have ever seen one. Its a different world man. I appreciate the discussion. The world has changed and man has pretty much made himself dated with technology. Stefan commented on this subject. I don't care if the woman is red pilled or if she is a traditional woman. This is what I am after. I will go through numerous approaches. I will take outrageous amounts of rejections. I will put myself out there because I want a good woman, a traditionalist, a wife, and mother of my children. The problem is that, I see more leftist, single moms, women having children out of wedlock followed by victimhood after sexual market value has crashes and burned.

I am so numb to rejection, it doesn't even faze me in the slightest at this point. I mentioned recently, a woman that approached me. She came back after a trip from the washroom. Immediately, I noticed she did up her makeup, hair, and became bombarding me with interview like questions regarding age, marital status, children, etc. and so on. Sure enough, it is revealed shortly after, she is a single mom, and therefore, not a prospective woman that I should date.

If not for self awareness, self knowledge, for Stefan, and FDR, I likely would have fallen prey to the traps.Likely, divorced, cucked, and destroyed in the court systems. My eyes are open. I know there is still a lot of good out there but, there is not necessarily a lot of choice for the ideal life I want to live.

I have been hearing it said, "chase yourself." I heard it again said, "be your own soul mate." It sounds lame but, what if more people lived that way? Viewed being complete and not seeking validation or approval. Instead, came from a place of completion and self actualization>?

Thanks. Let me look over and respond.

• Upvote 1

Looks like this thread became off topic, so this will be my humble attempt to try to respond the original question.

I have used many different dating websites, and it is my belief that they are a complete waste of time for men. The reason being, that it pre-selects the wrong type of people while making it an extremely frustrating near impossible experience for average men.

Most of the women you will find in a dating website will fall under these four categories or a mix of them:

I- Narcissist: pretty much any women who is alive and does not have a big toxic spreading mushroom growing out of her nose will certainly get likes and messages -- so the ones who are decent looking and above will be absolutely bombarded. Many women are on those sites just to prove to themselves they can get attention or because they already know that and want that attention. They will never go on a date with you or even reply, unless you are very attractive, looks popular or have lots of money. Intelligence means absolutely nothing in these other than a scare factor.

II- Desperate: those are usually ugly as can be, mentally impaired or have some reason to want to rush to commit, like being pregnant, having just came out of a relationship, single moms that cannot manage their money.

III- Panic Syndrome: they are afraid of meeting anyone, especially someone from the internet. They want to have someone but they are scared everyone will remove their masks and reveal themselves to be Jack the Ripper. If they schedule a date with you they won't show up.

IV- Prostitutes/Scammers: they will send you a link to see them naked and if you click you will catch a virus. Alternatively, they will charge you for sex.

---

What I would suggest, and it actually kind of worked for me twice, is to go to a website which is not about dating per se but can be used for it. Sites about shared interests that you feel passionate about and can organically get to know someone. If you are into music, you can look at websites like Tastebuds.fm, try this or other forums... Otherwise go to political conferences.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help Jimmo100, however, that website mentioned Tastebuds.fm actually got me some dates, same with political conferences and other social events. Proper dating websites I tried for five years or so and never got a single date.

• Upvote 1

Looks like this thread became off topic, so this will be my humble attempt to try to respond the original question.

I have used many different dating websites, and it is my belief that they are a complete waste of time for men. The reason being, that it pre-selects the wrong type of people while making it an extremely frustrating near impossible experience for average men.

Most of the women you will find in a dating website will fall under these four categories or a mix of them:

I- Narcissist: pretty much any women who is alive and does not have a big toxic spreading mushroom growing out of her nose will certainly get likes and messages -- so the ones who are decent looking and above will be absolutely bombarded. Many women are on those sites just to prove to themselves they can get attention or because they already know that and want that attention. They will never go on a date with you or even reply, unless you are very attractive, looks popular or have lots of money. Intelligence means absolutely nothing in these other than a scare factor.

II- Desperate: those are usually ugly as can be, mentally impaired or have some reason to want to rush to commit, like being pregnant, having just came out of a relationship, single moms that cannot manage their money.

III- Panic Syndrome: they are afraid of meeting anyone, especially someone from the internet. They want to have someone but they are scared everyone will remove their masks and reveal themselves to be Jack the Ripper. If they schedule a date with you they won't show up.

IV- Prostitutes/Scammers: they will send you a link to see them naked and if you click you will catch a virus. Alternatively, they will charge you for sex.

---

What I would suggest, and it actually kind of worked for me twice, is to go to a website which is not about dating per se but can be used for it. Sites about shared interests that you feel passionate about and can organically get to know someone. If you are into music, you can look at websites like Tastebuds.fm, try this or other forums... Otherwise go to political conferences.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help Jimmo100, however, that website mentioned Tastebuds.fm actually got me some dates, same with political conferences and other social events. Proper dating websites I tried for five years or so and never got a single date.

Nice post. Its been my experience, there is opportunity online but, few and far between with respect to someone about self awareness, self knowledge, reason, and evidence. Usually, its ego, its pretentious narcissism (the mask, stretchy pants, showing off sexual markets, bio on no fuck boys, and sleeping around despite her flag of not being about that therefore contradicting oneself).

I just think it will be a long ride with respect to my journey. I am reading Stefans book on relationships. It is very informative and probably one of the best resources out there. I highly recommend others give it a good read. I think it will shed some light on the disconnect, the misunderstandings, and how to better increase your chances of vetting a good woman.

I will match and connect with some women but, I also feel like I could get cucked and I am fearful of that. If online, she is likely seeing other people too, and if a woman from online ever said she was pregnant, there is no way I would go along without seeking dna proof this was mine. This then would question her character, values, and morality likely ruining the relationship but, I have seen enough to know, I cannot just take women at face value or what act she puts on while wearing the mask of ego.

• Upvote 1

Nice post. Its been my experience, there is opportunity online but, few and far between with respect to someone about self awareness, self knowledge, reason, and evidence. Usually, its ego, its pretentious narcissism (the mask, stretchy pants, showing off sexual markets, bio on no fuck boys, and sleeping around despite her flag of not being about that therefore contradicting oneself).

I just think it will be a long ride with respect to my journey. I am reading Stefans book on relationships. It is very informative and probably one of the best resources out there. I highly recommend others give it a good read. I think it will shed some light on the disconnect, the misunderstandings, and how to better increase your chances of vetting a good woman.

I will match and connect with some women but, I also feel like I could get cucked and I am fearful of that. If online, she is likely seeing other people too, and if a woman from online ever said she was pregnant, there is no way I would go along without seeking dna proof this was mine. This then would question her character, values, and morality likely ruining the relationship but, I have seen enough to know, I cannot just take women at face value or what act she puts on while wearing the mask of ego.

I started reading his book about relationships and then stopped around half way through because I simply prefer so much physical copies of books. Speaking of that, will purchase a physical copy of it so I can finish it.

Well, the biggest problem for internet dating is that it is a numbers or resume game. And the pre-selected crowd of women is the one I mentioned before. So... Not a lot of virtue there. Would recommend to try sites that are not mainly fort dating, but that you can meet people with similar interests/tastes.

I started reading his book about relationships and then stopped around half way through because I simply prefer so much physical copies of books. Speaking of that, will purchase a physical copy of it so I can finish it.

Well, the biggest problem for internet dating is that it is a numbers or resume game. And the pre-selected crowd of women is the one I mentioned before. So... Not a lot of virtue there. Would recommend to try sites that are not mainly fort dating, but that you can meet people with similar interests/tastes.

There is a lot of e standards. A woman by the name of Helen Smith, writer of men of strike linked a okcupid stat that stated, women rate 80% of men below average. How is that for e standards? I am blown away by social conditioning, the preach of patriarchy, and female victimhood when in fact, women are perpetrators a good portion of the time. Despite my quest for self knowledge, self awareness, offer value, freedom, reason, and evidence, it is still challenging to "vet" a good woman. I observed a guy approach lots of women recently. When a girl showed a sign of disinterest, he just moved onto the next girl, and repeated. He went home with one. He picked up several numbers. At one table, it was revealed, he had hooked up with three of the four. This is the world we live in. What I am faced with is, approaching lots by any means necessary, screening, disqualifying, and "vet" in order to find a good woman. Still, it is not easy. In the last ten days, I have been propositioned by two girls, both single moms and therefore, not prospects for the sort of woman I would like since children are expensive. I got a number today. Prior, I was propositioned by a married woman who will not relent. Could these experiences build up walls? No doubt. I know good exists. I am just bombarded by the reality that, many are going heels over head with the bad boys, are having children out of wedlock, and its okay. Someone will allocate their resources and marry her. I would much prefer to be single, to be alone, and continue on my marry way. It is just my blasted genetics.

• Upvote 1

In the realm of relationships, it is much better to be alone than ill accompanied.

Otherwise you get a lot of heartaches, stress and an empty bank account -- to say the least...

+ 1

I agree. I am hoping now that the election is over, Stefan can go back to this topic, topics like gene warfare or genetic ostracism but I wont hold my breathe. The left wont change nor will victimizing one self for free resources and money until the state goes bust. Then again, when you see someones true colors, is there any act or game someone can play to make you forget?

If you see Jurassic World, you see the "dont need a man" feminist running around in heels. When the dinosaurs get loose, when they start going nuts, suddenly she is the damsel in distress. I am reminded of real life scenarios of the female chameleon time and time again. One instance, I had a woman in management making sexist comments. When I finally had enough and said it was inappropriate, she then flipped the script like a sociopath would and blamed me for not being able to follow direction from a woman. She being the perpetrator and the one being sexist but, now made herself into the victim.

I see it time and time again. My friends, I really feel that calling and pull of MGTOW which scares the hell out of me wanting a family, a wife, and children. Just my nurturing, what I was taught and what I have experienced simply do not align. If not for my blasted desire, I would have likely been divorced, cucked, and dragged through the court systems.

Best dating site:

Start your own business and go through the trials and tribulations of self-responsibility. Your entire network of friends will change and you will likely meet someone FAAAAAAAR more interesting than you could ever possibly meet now on any dating site.

I am. It is scary. To stake your claim in the free market actually takes courage. There is not parachute or saving grace. You must succeed. The one fear about business, money, and resources is that, if succeeding, I would have to have a good woman, vet her prior or I would not be as so trusting. I watched the Pats game the other night. I saw the coaches hot young wife. I am sure she just loves him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.