Annoyed with Booktube

Hi there,

I'm really pissed -.-

I read like a freak and I like watching Booktubers. Lately there's this thing #diversathon where you read books by non-white, lgbt or what-not people (in translation "I normally wouldn't read this, but since the author is black/gay/whatever, I will read it, because I'm not racist/homophobe/anti-whatever"). I tried to ignore this crap, I just don't watch those videos. Not that I mind those authors, but it's like voting for Obama just because he's black. They're just people, people!

Then I started unsubscribing. There was one girl whose every third word was gender :wallbash:

And now, Veronica Roth published a new sci-fi book. Everybody were meh at first (no surprise there, Divergent was crap). But after few weeks, some a-hole somewhere wrote that this book is racist because there were some black people that were stereotyped as bad guys :ninja: Now several Booktubers started apologizing about missing it and how they are so sorry, and it won't happen again, they will screen books much better in the future :sick: Please, if you didn't see it, it's not a big deal. 

Why can't I have nice things? :mellow: I want to watch normal people without all this PC crap.

Can anyone recommend some Booktubers that won't make me :sick::wallbash:

• 1 month later...

It's weird how ideologies are starting to become 'the holiest of them all', except ad lib holiest with diverse, oppressed, or least racist. 

I watched the Basic Bro/Basic Bitch videos (by College Humor), the point is these are people who are widespread, all think alike to a point where they are all clones, think they are cool or edgy and don't realize that they are bland people with no personality, only a reflection of who they circle themselves around.

I feel like these people have dropped their personality and morals to be encompassed in a culture to be 'right' without question what is right. Doesn't seem like there are many questions at all, only their way or it is wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.