Boycott These Budweiser (Anheuser-Busch) Products

NotDarkYet

What are the criteria for boycotting?  In order to apply to other companies.  

That was my question, too. I didn't have any difficulty identifying the objection to the Audi advertisement. This one kinda confused me. I guess the beef is that the individual portrayed did not actually have the rough life that was shown? How many people knew that before reading the article I posted?

That was my question, too. I didn't have any difficulty identifying the objection to the Audi advertisement. This one kinda confused me. I guess the beef is that the individual portrayed did not actually have the rough life that was shown? How many people knew that before reading the article I posted

I think the beef is pretty obviously about immigration. Given the current climate there is pretty strong pro-immigrant emotional propaganda embedded in this while trying to smear anti-immigration people as anti-progress assholes. To me the moral reads "Immigrants are great, attractive, fearless people. If you aren't for immigration you are evil and you will lose out on their greatness and innovation."

I think the beef is pretty obviously about immigration. Given the current climate there is pretty strong pro-immigrant emotional propaganda embedded in this while trying to smear anti-immigration people as anti-progress assholes. To me the moral reads "Immigrants are great, attractive, fearless people. If you aren't for immigration you are evil and you will lose out on their greatness and innovation."

He came to America to brew beer, not spread Sharia.

People are getting pissed for nothing... and the person who started the boycott couldn't even spell Budweiser correctly.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with the commercial but because its got immigration as the theme it must be anti Trump.

People are worried about commercials? Commercials that don't even serve their purpose (they don't make me want to buy anything).

It's sad how many people are worried about dumb commercials played during the stupid bowl.

He came to America to brew beer, not spread Sharia.

So what? It's the story's underlying message - not every single detail. Of course we know how they aren't comparable to Islamic migration, but a lot of people don't, or don't want to admit it, or are looking for any excuse possible to continue to hold their emotional position. Propaganda sets a tone, it doesn't make arguments.

Maybe it's a pro-Trump, pro-white European immigrant commercial reminding people that immigrants used to come here to make something of themselves not leech off of the existing society. I didn't see any muslims in the commercial.

Why aren't you boycotting the lumber company? Their commercial was far more blatantly representative of the kind of immigration that is "destroying western civilization" compared to the uplifting example expressed in the Budweiser ad.

It's not immigration that's the problem, it's the state. If there's no coercive welfare state, if there's no forced imposition of will through democracy, then there's no problem with immigrants. It's fine to stop and clear the road, but don't lose sight of the real issue.

So what? It's the story's underlying message - not every single detail. Of course we know how they aren't comparable to Islamic migration, but a lot of people don't, or don't want to admit it, or are looking for any excuse possible to continue to hold their emotional position. Propaganda sets a tone, it doesn't make arguments.

But, to me, the propaganda's message was "if you want to be an entrepreneur come to America" not "America benefits from immigration".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.