Opinions: Why Grand Consipiracy Theories Don't Work

oaksdave

Hi, new member to the board.  

I've been reading a lot of the material published on the "secret cabal" that runs the world, whether in the form of the Illuminati, the 300 or what have you.  

My fundamental problem with any supranational body that secretly runs the world is:  What leverage do they use?

Is that a fair philosophical question to ask or what questions should I apply as a test to any grand conspiracy theory?

v/r,

od

I've been reading a lot of the material published on the "secret cabal" that runs the world, whether in the form of the Illuminati, the 300 or what have you.  

My fundamental problem with any supranational body that secretly runs the world is:  What leverage do they use?

Is that a fair philosophical question to ask or what questions should I apply as a test to any grand conspiracy theory?

v/r,

od

hello, oaksdave. welcome to the board!

Why are conspiracies important to you?

Correction: -Who wants to run the world.

And they have not been so secret for a good while.

Also some material that you have consumed might have been produced by themselves to make viewers believe they are more powerful than they are, ie having connections to supernatural demons or other wild stuff. They are only as powerful as the mental grip they have on other people. Hence why dinosaur media has been so important for them. I am very sure Donald Trump has been some of their worst setbacks ever.

An x amount of people want to control the environment around them. And thus some people want to dictate what should be done in the world at large. Its not so complicated.

• Upvote 1

An x amount of people want to control the environment around them. And thus some people want to dictate what should be done in the world at large. Its not so complicated.

Most people want to control their environment, it's how we survive as human beings.

Some people, however want to control others' minds.  This is also a way of surviving. 

I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, just a pattern of manipulation, it can be between husband and wife, child and parent, government and citizen, etc.  For there to be a grand conspiracy, would mean that evil manipulative people never disagree or have conflicts of interest between them, which of course they do.

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest conspiracy theory in recent years was that the Government was watching, listening, reading and reviewing people.  People were called crackpots, nutcases, madmen and lunatics.  It turns out that it was true, they were spying on everybody.  Now you are telling me that people in power, the most powerful people in the world, that have ever existed up to this point in time do not have a vested interest in maintaining their authority, influence and power?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

v/r,

od

I think there are a lot of people who think they have a lot of power. 300 people control the world? Thats nice, but their "power" only exists so long as they don't make living too unbearable. If they ever decided to be really shitty all of us peasants would confiscate their wealth and hang them publicly in the town square. See the french revolution for more details.

Most secret societies are based on the axiom that the single members have done something awful and that other members know about it. It's mutual assured destruction that enforces unity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.