Dear White People Movie

DCLugi

I don't have Netflix but I'm not surprised that people are canceling their accounts. There was a time when I thought that actions like this are childish but hey, it works perfectly for the Liberals so why not to try to defeat them with their own weapon? On the other hand I try to vote with my money as much as I can so it seems to be logical. We make choices every day, there is no need to support financially products and services that make us dissatisfied or simply hurt us. Or maybe we are being trolled?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvq3vTRNl54&t=601s

Cancelled.

More cash for shows like FDR and PJW.

I don't have Netflix but I'm not surprised that people are canceling their accounts. There was a time when I thought that actions like this are childish but hey, it works perfectly for the Liberals so why not to try to defeat them with their own weapon? On the other hand I try to vote with my money as much as I can so it seems to be logical. We make choices every day, there is no need to support financially products and services that make us dissatisfied or simply hurt us. Or maybe we are being trolled?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvq3vTRNl54&t=601s

I don't have Netflix but I'm not surprised that people are canceling their accounts. There was a time when I thought that actions like this are childish but hey, it works perfectly for the Liberals so why not to try to defeat them with their own weapon? On the other hand I try to vote with my money as much as I can so it seems to be logical. We make choices every day, there is no need to support financially products and services that make us dissatisfied or simply hurt us. Or maybe we are just being trolled? Have you seen Dear White People movie from 2014? Maybe it's not what it seems to be? It's easy to jump into conclusions especially in times we live now but maybe we need to research it better or just wait. Don't know.

Maybe it's not what it seems to be? It's easy to jump into conclusions especially in times we live now but maybe we need to research it better or just wait. Don't know.

It is what it seems to be. It'll be way worse than the movie. This is the twitter account of the writer. Have a look by yourself:

https://twitter.com/JackPMoore

He tweeted this after getting criticism about the trailer

He tweeted this on election night.

EDIT: This is the target audience for the show...

EDIT 2: Correction.

I just have to say:

• No one gave an answer to the question in the original post.
  • WasatchMan asked Netflix about "Dear White People movie"
  • And twinklingwinter did not check the date of supposed writer's tweet when he said: "He tweeted this after getting criticism about the trailer."

C'mon people, put some effort in what you do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just have to say:

• And twinklingwinter did not check the date of supposed writer's tweet when he said: "He tweeted this after getting criticism about the trailer."

Is this your answer to the original question or is smugly nitpicking others your thing?

Netflix will make the decision that costs them the least. The cancellations proposed will have to cost more than the cancellations that will occur in the obverse situation with the added cost of butthurt adult children burning down their lobbies and parking lots and attacking their employees. I don't see those numbers coming through. They won't pull the series.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone seen the 2014 movie that the series is based on? I don't remember it being as blatantly one sided as the series trailer seems to be. Or I was lost in the maze when I saw it.

I did see it. I couldn't tell what it was trying to do? If it were trying to be provocative, be a parody, inform. I didn't see the trailer for the show so I can't compare the two. I thought the movie made very small attempts to not be one sided and it was ultimately, White people=Bad, Black People=Victims. There was an air of agenda to the movie from what I sensed. I found it to be a very annoying movie.

I just have to say:

Thank you for the correction. It turns out that he made the tweet on election night, not after the trailer of his show aired. Here is the actual tweet. I'll correct my post. I don't think the date in which he tweeted that challenges my point much, though.

I did not answer the OP about the movie because I did not watch the movie. I actually posted to answer KeepOnGoing's post, as you can tell.

There is something curious I found out yesterday that is worth mentioning: The guy who made that tweet is not listed anywhere in the IMDB page of the show, even though he proclaims himself as a writer of the show on his twitter bio.

Here is an article about the reaction of the creator of the show to the backlash towards the trailer. Might be more relevant than the tweets of that Jack Moore guy. Sure, there is a possibility that the show will be something other than leftist anti-white propaganda, but I'm not holding my breath, personally.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.