Fold-over distortion on call-in shows

dysfunc_survivor

I have a number years of working with audio as a musician, and as an engineer. I'm noticing aliasing / fold-over distortion on all shows that has a caller. It sounds like mixing of samplerates with no pre-filtering. The shows that have no caller doesn't have this, so it seems related to skype. For me it's very audible when Stef say "s".

I could help with that if there is interest.

Pro tip:

Since there is a chance that your message will be misunderstood without the prerequisite technical knowledge, I recommend making and posting an A/B demo on a brief clip to better demonstrate your offer in a jargon-free way.

:whistling:

Dumbing it down, huh? Since it's a technical matter, there is not many ways to put it in simpler terms. It's easy to google the definitions, I'm not wikipedia.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you'll find that, by posting those examples, you will have better proved your point to those whom are unfamiliar with the jargon. It's perfectly fine to dumb it down. :thumbsup:

The next step would be to show how you can help -- since, as you stated, there is no time to do extra post-processing (maybe/maybe not?).

Likewise, feel free to contact them directly with your solution (if you haven't done so already).

I'm sure they -- and the audience at large -- will greatly appreciate any improvement.

I think you'll find that, by posting those examples, you will have better proved your point to those whom are unfamiliar with the jargon. It's perfectly fine to dumb it down. :thumbsup:

The next step would be to show how you can help -- since, as you stated, there is no time to do extra post-processing (maybe/maybe not?).

Likewise, feel free to contact them directly with your solution (if you haven't done so already).

I'm sure they -- and the audience at large -- will greatly appreciate any improvement.

Since I don't know their setup, there is not much more than speculation that I could do. It could have to do with the software they use. It could have to do with how the audio setup is done. Probably they use one computer for skype and one for recording. Like I said, I can't do much more than speculate without knowledge of the setup etc.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.