Day care worker caught on camera pushing 4 year old down stairs

Troubador

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/day-care-worker-caught-on-camera-pushing-4yearold-down-stairs_/500593090

I don't entirely know why I am so shocked by this, but I am. I know everyone here is on board with peaceful parenting and anti day care, but maybe this and cases like this are worth pointing too if you're out and about and need extra ammunition in any debate.

Apparently she worked in Child care for 25 years, so it really boggles my mind what vetting procedures these places have.

The problem is that working in childcare is a really hard place to hire for because of the high turnover rate. So if you can hire someone who knows how to change a diaper, give them food and put them to nap, you're qualified. Better to have a monitor than no one at all. This may change, in some states to work in child care you must be pursuing or have a BA in child development or related education. But let's be honest, what child care can afford to hire all employees with degrees while not increasing the already hi child care rates.

Either we get bad employees who hurt our children or don't teach them correctly, or we get good teachers but no one can afford them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.