Re: Don't go to college Solution

meetjoeblack

Awesome video.

I think Stefan needs more of these current real world videos aimed at the youth, free thinking, self-knowledge, self-awareness, and self-exploration. The college bubble is a bone yard. It is dated. It is useless. A waste of time unless in a particular field like dentistry, doctor, surgeon, etc.

If I had to do over, I likely would have looked into doing something different when I was a teen, like start a business, something basic, and gained insight there no matter what came of it. I have a pretty diverse skill set but, I wish I had adopted a more entrepreneur mindset.

Since being a kid, I came up through a government based education system that promoted adversity to competition, to be a employee, to work hourly in a bush league manner, and be poor. If you work as a employee, you trade time for money, you will never be rich. I also notice, everyone gunning for a six figure job, the few lucky to acquire this are beaten down. That employer is getting their moneys worth in blood lol

If I had to do over again, I likely would have taken the thousands I spent to go to college, placed it in a business, and staked my claim in the free market.

• Upvote 1

I suppose the effort to inform idiots who would otherwise get arts degrees not to save the idiots, but to prevent the subsidization of colleges that have prolonged many terrible and inefficient teaching practices.  I doubt the previous 12 years will be wrenched without legal actions or top down (Trump) edicts.  Unfortunately, for now, Trump has gloves on and is doing things rather delicately.

The free market is already solving the problem. There are entrepreneurship and mentorship programs springing up all over the place that focus on how to start a business and provide value to people. I'm a part of one and the "classes" we take are specifically aimed at being actionable information. There is no "learning for the sake of knowledge" or "something to remember for the test". All of it can be taken and put into practice.

I'm actually a little miffed. I was working on a "Why College Sucks" video right when Stef released his. :P

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/14/2017 at 1:58 PM, meetjoeblack said:

Awesome video.

I think Stefan needs more of these current real world videos aimed at the youth, free thinking, self-knowledge, self-awareness, and self-exploration. The college bubble is a bone yard. It is dated. It is useless. A waste of time unless in a particular field like dentistry, doctor, surgeon, etc.

If I had to do over, I likely would have looked into doing something different when I was a teen, like start a business, something basic, and gained insight there no matter what came of it. I have a pretty diverse skill set but, I wish I had adopted a more entrepreneur mindset.

Since being a kid, I came up through a government based education system that promoted adversity to competition, to be a employee, to work hourly in a bush league manner, and be poor. If you work as a employee, you trade time for money, you will never be rich. I also notice, everyone gunning for a six figure job, the few lucky to acquire this are beaten down. That employer is getting their moneys worth in blood lol

If I had to do over again, I likely would have taken the thousands I spent to go to college, placed it in a business, and staked my claim in the free market.

I think the "don't go to college" meme is a bit overstated. It's easy to look back and say you should have started a business but that's completely nebulous. "Start a business" is a wish, not a goal, if you don't have any idea on what it should be. Also, it's not upb, not everyone can start a business or wants to, and employers use it as a proxy for iq. 

6 hours ago, mgggb said:

I think the "don't go to college" meme is a bit overstated. It's easy to look back and say you should have started a business but that's completely nebulous. "Start a business" is a wish, not a goal, if you don't have any idea on what it should be. Also, it's not upb, not everyone can start a business or wants to, and employers use it as a proxy for iq. 

That is the thing. I know now. Likely, I needed to experience the political landscape in the education and workplace environment to come to this conclusion. School seems dated and the retarded SJWs is a great indication of the alternative direction people can and should take in the free market.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, Dylan Lawrence Moore said:

The free market is already solving the problem. There are entrepreneurship and mentorship programs springing up all over the place that focus on how to start a business and provide value to people. I'm a part of one and the "classes" we take are specifically aimed at being actionable information. There is no "learning for the sake of knowledge" or "something to remember for the test". All of it can be taken and put into practice.

I'm actually a little miffed. I was working on a "Why College Sucks" video right when Stef released his. :P

I some how missed this post. I am planning to look into some of this and just as well Mastermind Groups in my city. I've met some entrepreneurs but, I have come across a lot of Snake Oil Salesmen. The "Here in My garage" with rented Lambo and "Here in my mansion" when said mansion is really a rented condo. I would say, 99% of these characters I have mentioned are selling you on how to sell. Outside said piece, they have never sold a damn thing. Others have something going on but will say, they aren't in the how to sell business so, learning from them is nearly useless. One buddy is working for a company before heading off on his own venture having landed huge corporate deals that he can fallback upon as his own endeavors take center stage.  

I am not put off on education; as in self knowledge, in reading, and in learning. I am put off by the student bubble of government education, running up debt, Marxist indoctrination, and useless degrees/diplomas in fields where no jobs exist or are under paying professions. I see the value in philosophy but, I would never take it as a major outside lets say a general elective course. These course are very interesting and I found a lot of value in modern/classic philosophy. I am just not going to dress up like Buddha or Jesus, and preach. I would agree that there is more value in such a major then lets say liberal arts or an arts degree, social sciences, and women's studies.

I see more value in health informatics, comp sci, business, engineering, law, etc. something professional. Sadly, some of my friends are business/accounting and its been a nightmare for them finding jobs let alone getting their designations. One is pursuing online edu through Harvard. Another is pursuing a MBA. I met a girl online who is pursuing a profession but, she has ran up crazy amounts of student loan/debt in pursuit of a "career." She cannot find a man and I have zero interest in footing that sort of bill. Met another girl who is on that same "career" pursuit chasing that gold star of edu while increasing her student loan debt.

If a fraction of this sort of money was implemented in entrepreneurship, content creation, business, etc. even if it went south, the experience is monumental rather then, crazy student loan, woman pushing 30, and trying to find herself a man while she works Starbucks to make her minimum payments on her debt.

Thanks for the message. Please share the video you were intending to make. I will tune in. If I cannot do this myself, I will look to seek out more edu as an alternative but, I am definitely seeking self knowledge and mentors as of now while I put together a business plan.

19 hours ago, meetjoeblack said:

Thanks for the message. Please share the video you were intending to make. I will tune in. If I cannot do this myself, I will look to seek out more edu as an alternative but, I am definitely seeking self knowledge and mentors as of now while I put together a business plan.

I already made it. I posted it on another thread. Here's the link:

On 7/30/2017 at 7:32 AM, mgggb said:

When I went to college it because I literally had no idea what else I was supposed to do. I was just on a conveyor belt to nowhere.

After graduating, traveling, and running my own businesses, I really began to understand what was robbed from me through the educational system.

Even if a person is employee material and prefers it, having been exposed to how business works, it makes you a MUCH more valuable employee, because you understand what your employer needs to help run their business. After doing my own businesses, when I've had to get a job, passing the interview and getting the job is a joke. I'm usually hired on the spot--I know how to show an employer I understand what they need and I have the means to provide it.

Furthermore, especially on these boards, I get the feeling that people think that starting your own business involves doing something innovative and a huge amount of resources to get started and to become successful. All that needs to be done is find something mundane, washing windows or pressure washing driveways or picking up people's junk or detailing cars or whatever, and be solid about it. Especially for washing windows, you can be in business for like $200 worth of materials.

When I look back at how I could have spent college, or even my teenage years, simply finding something simple to do (again, washing windows for example) to make money on my own, I could have been wildly more self-sufficient and wealthy with the knowledge and experience I would have picked up from it. Again, all I was told was: "Go to school and get good grades."

Once upon a time, going to college could actually get you a job to shoot you into the middle class. Now it literally makes you more stupid, less employable, and can often be dangerous depending on your race, sex, and political views. I don't know what else to recommend other than start figuring out how to take care of things for yourself, which involves starting and running a business.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dylan Lawrence Moore said:

When I went to college it because I literally had no idea what else I was supposed to do. I was just on a conveyor belt to nowhere.

After graduating, traveling, and running my own businesses, I really began to understand what was robbed from me through the educational system.

I think business is one of the better routes to take then 99% of the programs government education offers. I think comp sci, health informatics, trade school, etc. are among the better routes to take. I have even contemplated swapping out to further diversify my skills or finishing with a double major. Still, there is a extreme lack of opportunity following the beaten path.

Even if a person is employee material and prefers it, having been exposed to how business works, it makes you a MUCH more valuable employee, because you understand what your employer needs to help run their business. After doing my own businesses, when I've had to get a job, passing the interview and getting the job is a joke. I'm usually hired on the spot--I know how to show an employer I understand what they need and I have the means to provide it.

A buddy went the business route and is acquiring monumental experience. Meanwhile, he has a consulting business. The agenda is to acquire a crazy amount of experience, knowledge, and wisdom before breaking free to his own venture. He has made contracts with companies before going from employee to consultant. He is pretty clever. See, I have lacked these sorts of experience the past few years. I have been consistent so, the interview process is always a bit intimidating. I am definitely thinking of acquiring more certificates, more training outside government education, networking, and even looking at what you suggested as well as Mastermind groups in my city.

Furthermore, especially on these boards, I get the feeling that people think that starting your own business involves doing something innovative and a huge amount of resources to get started and to become successful. All that needs to be done is find something mundane, washing windows or pressure washing driveways or picking up people's junk or detailing cars or whatever, and be solid about it. Especially for washing windows, you can be in business for like $200 worth of materials.

I think there are a lot of negative nancy(s) having 1) tried and failed or 2) Too chicken shit scared to pull the trigger. The end result is to project and shit on everyone else. I don't think it is easy as I am noticing but, pissing away another 30yrs getting other people rich and letting them soak up my blood/sweat/tears is not happening.

When I look back at how I could have spent college, or even my teenage years, simply finding something simple to do (again, washing windows for example) to make money on my own, I could have been wildly more self-sufficient and wealthy with the knowledge and experience I would have picked up from it. Again, all I was told was: "Go to school and get good grades."

When hind sight vision is 20/20, everyone would do things differently. The network I acquired from school was next to nothing. I also noticed a lot of people in the corporate and school side trying to shut me down. It was passive aggressive and made difficult but, a lot of flawed logic. It was very subtle and I couldn't comprehend what was going on. Unfortunately, if I had some guidance, someone would have told me to STFU, keep my mouth shut, and keep plugging away. Pick my battles where I must and change what I can. I pissed away these years chasing grades, busting my ass, and I feel like it was a waste. Still, I have it lingering in my mind to return back to school to create a better life for myself. I have watched others do it whereas, it did not go this way for me. It is beyond frustrating but, I am meditating on it, I am sitting in silence, I am working on presence, self knowledge, reason, and I am making moves.

Once upon a time, going to college could actually get you a job to shoot you into the middle class. Now it literally makes you more stupid, less employable, and can often be dangerous depending on your race, sex, and political views. I don't know what else to recommend other than start figuring out how to take care of things for yourself, which involves starting and running a business.

When I was in grade one, a female teacher made me feel stupid in math in front of the entire class. I never realized it then but, I would later shy away from math having been made to feel stupid and shamed. Someone like this should never teacher children EVER. As I got older, I learned to give zero FUCKS.

I think you are correct man and I appreciate your time. Unfortunately, its not as simple as Tai Lopez, taking video of a lambo and mansion you rented E bragging about how you made it before reality sets in and the conspiracy is debunked. Dude is rich now but when he started spamming this shit, he was couch surfing, and charging 7k for his program. I wont knock it. I just know, there is a lot of people selling how to sell rather then actually having a viable business. Even here, he got pretty lucky but reward favors the bold.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, lorry said:

Online trainer, Udacity, has a a guarantee, a job in 6 months of finishing or all your money back, on some of their courses.

https://www.udacity.com/nanodegree/plus

I did the Full-Stack option, but not the job guarantee version, AMA.

This would be a new direction but, once you are enslaved to the hamster wheel of college debt, you are fucked. Pardon my French but, it enslaves a person and keeps them at financial gun point to keep working. In all likelihood, they are leveraged by the state; CANNOT FIND WORK, becomes Starbucks barista at minimum wage to pay off student loan that they cannot declare bankruptcy on. Entrepreneurship is the way to go. Even some of the more sharper minds are seeing this when they were originally indoctrinated by edu.

Jordan Peterson is linking to a site he is founding to out Neo-Marxist-indoctrination. It will literally debunk whether a program has value and merit or if it is absolute fucking nonsense. I cannot wait.

On 13/08/2017 at 5:10 PM, meetjoeblack said:

This would be a new direction but, once you are enslaved to the hamster wheel of college debt, you are fucked. Pardon my French but, it enslaves a person and keeps them at financial gun point to keep working. In all likelihood, they are leveraged by the state; CANNOT FIND WORK, becomes Starbucks barista at minimum wage to pay off student loan that they cannot declare bankruptcy on. Entrepreneurship is the way to go. Even some of the more sharper minds are seeing this when they were originally indoctrinated by edu.

Jordan Peterson is linking to a site he is founding to out Neo-Marxist-indoctrination. It will literally debunk whether a program has value and merit or if it is absolute fucking nonsense. I cannot wait.

The implicit assumption is that people going to college, people around 18 years old, have an understanding of these concepts and an evaluation of them as bad. Else, why should such people care about the output of his website? I don't know how Jordan came to the conclusion that anyone with an understanding of these concepts and an evaluation of them as bad, who is not also possessed of intelligence such that they are able discern which programs promote such concepts and are thus bad, should even go to college.

I don't think his market exists.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 1:43 AM, edtech said:

Abandoning higher education is like not voting for your self esteem.

It's not really "Abandoning higher education" it's more removing the power you've given to an increasingly malevolent organization. One does not need university for anything other than credentials, you can only get a bachelors degree by going to university. You can get a higher education, however, by simply READING BOOKS. Become educated. For example, legal matters. Sure someone with a legal degree can be expected to have higher than normal knowledge on legal matters, but there is nothing that stops the average Joe from just reading the laws, legal concepts and definitions on his own. So no, this is exactly like voting for your self esteem when the academy is trying to tell you that you need to vote for theirs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.