What Does Stay-At-Home Dad Look Like in Years 0-2?

With young women out-earning young men these days, I imagine we're going to see more stay-at-home dads going forward. How does that work when the kids are still breast feeding, ages 0 to 2 let's say? If Mom can work from home and fit breast feeding into her schedule, does that mean Dad handles everything else? Does that actually work for people? What are the costs associated with mothers returning to work very quickly and substituting an early Daddy-bond for a Mommy-bond?

With young women out-earning men, I imagine we're going to see more of this approach

Well, from what I understand the bonding with the baby comes from the breastfeeding, Also, I think because of the bonding the "everything else" becomes easier/better for the mother. 

From reviewing that article, It says "a woman will typically earn £1,111 more per annum than her male counterparts" I think its probably best to sacrifice that  £1,111 for the sake of the baby. The article also says "When workers hit their 30s, the imbalance is reversed and men begin earning more" so, in the long run, it also seems better if the dad continues working rather than stay at home. 

I remember reading this "Since 1970, women have grown from 9.7 percent of physicians to 32.4 percent in 2010. In law careers, women have gone from 4.9 percent to 33.4. But wages have remained significantly lower for women than men"

Working mothers on average seem to fail financially, emotionally.and physically.

As far as moms working at home, I personally work at home(running my online business) and some days I will clock in the 8 or so hours and other days I'm staying up 16+ hours. I can't imagine a mom seriously working at home and raising a baby. I have set up businesses that don't require much work(outsource) but there always may be something that comes up and then you're off working 16+ hours a day to get it fixed. It can be very stressful, so I wouldn't recommend it to a mother. 

Stefan just talked with a woman who wanted to be a mother and told her "You cant have both" it was titled "Your Job Is To Get Married And Have Children" 

I should note however, I have no experience being a dad. I have only reviewed some research and obviously listened to the arguments Stefan made. 

I'm skeptical of any statistics published in The Guardian. I've seen some really horrendously inaccurate, unsourced statistical assertions in that rag over the past year.

US Census Historical Income Tables: Table P-8. Age—People by Median Income and Sex (2015)

Male               Female
15-24:           11,702             10,342
25-34:           37,225             28,825
35-44:           49,845             31,621
45-54:           51,067             31,846
55-64:           46,698             27,877
65+:              31,372             18,250

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs: Distribution of median and mean income and tax by age range and gender (2014-2015)

Screenshot_at_2017_03_22_15_42_18.png

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that middle-class women and feminised middle-class men are having a disproportionate influence over society, which is more important than income.

I think its possible that a growth in stay-at-home-dads could possibly be beneficial. There are lots of government and social injustice pressures on society that are forcing lives in unsustainable and damaging directions. Results and merit are cast away in favour of some people's emotions and concessions.

Most males I know were raised by their mothers and their fathers had little input. In school most of the teachers were women, teaching straight-laced boredom in the most mind-numbing sterile manner possible. I'd also add the teachers tend not only to be women, but also middle-class. In fact the only working-class teachers were sports teachers. Not only does that have a negative impact on boys, but also the working-class, who tend to display more masculine characteristics, even the boys. I'd go as far to say that working-class girls are more masculine in their interactions with others than working-class boys. The result is that more masculine traits like exploration and enterprise are squashed. When I was young, there were several working-class people in my class that were several years ahead in maths. But now they all work remedial jobs, because the schools are catered for middle-class girls and feminised middle-class boys.

But coincidentally, the feminisation of a masculine role society is producing a situation in which men are having more input in child rearing, which could start to tip the scales of m/f traits shown by young boys. However, it could also go the other way if children are raised by overly-feminised men.

There are some interesting blurbs here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay-at-home_dad#Advantages

Interesting is the comment on self-assurance. I believe Stefan has mentioned this quite a lot. Most of my friends were raised in overly feminine home environments and the the result is they have little self-assurance and are either meandering round without direction or looking for someone else to cling on to. As the worst example, one guy I know, with zero self-awareness phoned several people up to tell them he is thinking about getting his girlfriend (first) pregnant, after six months of being together, i.e. the most scurrilously unhonourable feminine tactic, sperm-napping, turned against a woman, because of his insecurity, to tie her down for life. This guy's home was extremely feminised within a male role model. The worst example of the mother's behaviour was when she boasted to her sons friends that she is having loads of affairs and how she was going to run away with one of the blokes. The husband was embarrassed around town and accepted her back without hesitation. No wonder her son is looking to get the first girl he can pregnant and lock her down for life. He has zero self-assurance. His life has been a collection of feminine melodramas with crumpling endings.

Another guy I know took a single-mother ten years his senior back five times before she cast him off for good. In the midst of that he took it on himself to learn her language, for no reason other than she spoke it.

This what you get when men are raised almost solely by women - they take offence, they can't deal with hardship, they sympathise with anyone cast as a victim, they avoid challenges, they latch onto things and people... Maybe more men involved in child rearing is what we need.

As a final note, these leftist systems such as feminism will be finite. Boiled down leftism is a forced redistribution of resources from people who can survive in the current climate and those who (largely, think) they can't. This is only possible via immense government force and was built on the back of a more meritocratic system. Leftism, which  operates on the basis of weakening society to make some people feel better and have more stuff will eventually weaken society to a point where the resources aren't available to continue the vast use of government force. On top of that the proportions of leftists in society are going do decrease due to a decreasing birth rate as you go left, an aging population which goes right and fewer resources per capita for young adults which forces people right or into a Venezuela collapse. In all possible scenarios, leftists will destroy themselves and leave behind a society with fewer leftists.

The only group of women who make one or two percent more than their male peers are never married single women. Once married, women preferentially take on a larger role in home care and their work effort and pay diminishes slightly even before the onset of children. As a woman's first child gets close to birth, and she has no choice but to decrease her work participation rate, the gap in the two groups widen dramatically.

Primary source Thomas Sowell

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.