Login Credentials Rejected, Restored, Rejected, etc.

jabowery

Visiting the board today, my login credentials were rejected.  I reset my password via the emailed link and was logged in.  When I logged out and attempted to log back in, it, again, rejected my credentials.  I again reset my password and was logged in.  After a time out, I was again unable to log in and reset my password.  I strongly suspect if I log out now, I'll have to reset my password again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for letting us know. Any other information you can give? If you've saved your passwords to the site, try removing them for the board and see if that was somehow causing your troubles.

We did switch from using a username to emails for logins, maybe that's confusing somebody somewhere.

It does say "display name or email address" but only if it's not already populated. There was an option during the upgrade to either use people's usernames or Display Names, and I figured that it didn't make sense for people's usernames to suddenly appear where their display names were... but then logging in would be weird, so I changed that to email address.

• Upvote 1

FYI - After signing in, within the new Terms of Use and Privacy Policy agreement, the "guidelines of the board" link is broken and at the end, the "Privacy Policy" is displayed as something like "privacy_policy_text".

Personally, I'm not a fan of the up-vote / down-vote feature - the feature isn't an argument.  Otherwise the fresh look is nice.

Oops, thought I fixed the guildelines link. I don't think we had a privacy policy before, so I know it looks dumb, but I'm just going to leave it as-is for now, unless we get our hands on one.

edit - fixed the guidelines link

Edited by JamesP

16 minutes ago, shirgall said:

The big thing to notice is that login is by email address only now.

Mm. If that's the case, then it's saying "Display Name" but it really shouldn't be. And yeah, it's set to only accept email addresses, I just checked. Probably a template issue.

On the list it goes!

23 minutes ago, JamesP said:

Not sure what "not an argument" has to do with anything there, but it's not a new feature.

Oh sorry, what I mean by "not an argument" is that the voting feature is one way for people to give feedback without typing a sentence - just click and we have little idea why and who up-voted / down-voted a post.  It's not a feature I like but I'm not requesting FDR make any changes, just feedback in a sentence form.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.