Tonights Law and Order SVU - Real Fake News

saspatz

So, I was watching one of my favorite TV programs tonight.

The story line had a significant resemblance to the "Pizza Gate" story.

Here are the narratives that I found particularly interesting.

1.) The accused politician was completely innocent, he had been framed by an unidentified political enemy.

2.) The hacker that got into his computer was hired to frame him by said enemy. 

3.) The investigator who revealed the story was a con artist interested only in generating "Click bait" to bring traffic to his ads.

4.) The first gunman who showed up to rescue the girls was stopped by the police.

5.) The second gunman killed the innocent politician in front of his daughter.

6.) The real child sex ring was discovered by the hacker who found them to frame the politician.

7.) The police not only cracked the ring but rescued the girls.

8.) The investigator created muck to throw at the police investigators that put them and their children at risk.

So

Politician (good guy)

Hacker (greedy guy)

Online investigator (very bad guy)

Gunmen ( dupes)

Police (heroes)

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2017 at 3:16 AM, saspatz said:

So, I was watching one of my favorite TV programs tonight.

The story line had a significant resemblance to the "Pizza Gate" story.

Here are the narratives that I found particularly interesting.

1.) The accused politician was completely innocent, he had been framed by an unidentified political enemy.

2.) The hacker that got into his computer was hired to frame him by said enemy. 

3.) The investigator who revealed the story was a con artist interested only in generating "Click bait" to bring traffic to his ads.

4.) The first gunman who showed up to rescue the girls was stopped by the police.

5.) The second gunman killed the innocent politician in front of his daughter.

6.) The real child sex ring was discovered by the hacker who found them to frame the politician.

7.) The police not only cracked the ring but rescued the girls.

8.) The investigator created muck to throw at the police investigators that put them and their children at risk.

So

Politician (good guy)

Hacker (greedy guy)

Online investigator (very bad guy)

Gunmen ( dupes)

Police (heroes)

Thoughts?

Well, at least bottom level government officials who typically do stand up for the citizenry are good, for once. I'm curious, though, how well government would do if more people were aware of the Milgram Experiment.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't believe the online investigator is a very bad guy. If you look at the whole picture, sure he stands in the way of the best outcome (shutting down the fake news, helping police do good police work etc) but nothing was really anything wrong per se. Lets look at his actions:

1. Gets in his opinion a credible tip and posts it. He is not trying to do something wrong and is being honest.

2. Does not want the police to TAKE HIS COMPUTERS. He believes he is entitled to his privacy. Would you be happy if police just show up and demand your computers when you use them for work?

3. After the police TAKE HIS PROPERTY, he gets pissed at them and retaliates with the kid photos. So this isn't the most pure and upstanding motive but HE WAS JUST STOLEN FROM and probably the only way he could fight back.

So I don't think hes a very bad guy at all... unless you are looking at it from a collectivist central planning type perspective... which the show readily leads you down since you get to see all sides at once which is not how real life works. Try to look at it only from his perspective and empathize with him alone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.