Non chemical add/adhd treatment

mgggb

Has anyone had success with treating add/adhd without some form of stimulant? There seems to be nothing written about the subject aside from basic things like meditation and diet. 

How does one stay modivated to follow through and focus? 

I'm asking because there are no long term studies on the effects of adderall and I fear it may be something I enjoy too much. 

Have you tried any type of cognitive therapy or Internal Family Systems work?

Often times those moments when we feel unmotivated or unfocused (even if the feeling is persistent) may be due, for particular reasons, to parts of us who don't want to focus (for example: to keep you distracted from childhood pain) or be unmotivated to achieve (for example: to prevent you from potentially losing what you've achieve and that causing pain.)

Even if one's ADD/ADHD is an inborn aspect rather than something coming from childhood, working through childhood issues or in IFS terms, integrating your parts, can give you additional mental resources (that were originally dealing with your childhood) to approach the more inborn problems.

And it doesn't require medication! In fact Jay Earley's Self-Therapy will teach you the basics of the IFS approach, so you don't even have to pay for a therapist!

2 hours ago, Eudaimonic said:

Have you tried any type of cognitive therapy or Internal Family Systems work?

Often times those moments when we feel unmotivated or unfocused (even if the feeling is persistent) may be due, for particular reasons, to parts of us who don't want to focus (for example: to keep you distracted from childhood pain) or be unmotivated to achieve (for example: to prevent you from potentially losing what you've achieve and that causing pain.)

Even if one's ADD/ADHD is an inborn aspect rather than something coming from childhood, working through childhood issues or in IFS terms, integrating your parts, can give you additional mental resources (that were originally dealing with your childhood) to approach the more inborn problems.

And it doesn't require medication! In fact Jay Earley's Self-Therapy will teach you the basics of the IFS approach, so you don't even have to pay for a therapist!

I have, I found it to be by and large a waste of time and money because I simply can't remember enough of what happened during my childhood, say before the age of 10-12. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.