Help me to understand a certain part of blockchain

I'm a software dev and I've had an interest in blockchain and it's uses.  I think I have a basic understanding but I watched a video and don't understand part of it.

She talks about uncertainty and how blockchain can be used to remove that.  IIRC, one example was creditability and being able to use blockchain to reveal creditability without knowing who the person is.  I'm guess this would be thru transaction history almost like a YELP or eBay ratings type thing.

What I'm trying to do is have a system where you have access to certainty without giving up your ID.  This would be for something like contractual agreement enforcement.  So two people enter into a contract and they need assurance that each will live up to their side of the agreement.  I understand that a public ledger can be rolled back, so if there isn't an agreement, a transaction can be rolled back, but I don't know that this is what she means by blockchain providing certainty as this would be no different than an eBay feedback system.

I can't seem to find any way to contact her, she had a Twitter and a LinkedIn, but I'm not sure that posting a cold question would be a good idea as it would be seen as spam.

I tried a Reddit sub for blockchain, but no response and other forums seem to have died off.

With all the activity, there has to be some dev group somewhere that discusses how these things work.

Thanks for any direction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.