FDR guests who are smarter than Stefan

Dad

Are there any people who've been on the show that you thought were smarter than Stefan? The only 2 I can think of are Jared Taylor and Gabor Mate. I'm curious who your favorite guests are. Maybe you will name someone I haven't watched yet. 

There are a 2 talks I think just look up his name + Stefan Molyneux. Theres a handful of speeches hes given on youtube too. His own speeches are even better in my opinion. This is one of my favorites but all his speeches are top tier. 

I didn't determine anything. Determine is a very exact word and this isn't hard science. If you disagree neither of us are necessarily wrong. I think we would all agree that the guests on the show aren't all equal. Some of them are Charles Murrays and some of them are Laura Loomers. The people I named are both excellent communicators though so thats something. Also I watched both of them speaking outside of FDR and they were both extremely impressive. Gabor Mate gave a talk to healthcare professions and somewhere in the middle of it he spoke to 5-6 audience members at the same time about problems they were facing. He would ask each of them a few questions then move on to the next and come back to them eventually. He ended up getting pretty emotional and talking childhoods with each one of them. I'm not doing a good job explaining that lol but it really seemed like it resonated well with them. He was basically providing therapy to the therapists. It was really one of the most godlike things I've ever seen. I watched a video of Jared Taylor from over 10 years ago (he speaks 5x faster a decade ago for some reason) on some talk show called the phil donahue show. The host and the black guests teamed up against him and tried to shame him, call him racist, and a bad person just for talking about racial differences and preferences. It was pretty crazy idk how I would react if I had an audience full of angry black people frowning at me while I'm trying to discuss racial matters lol. 

I am quiet surprised by Jordan Peterson. 

He studied psychology for years, spent years in clinical practice, research, lecturing, writing...

i am also impressed by his bible study. I rarely meet people who study the Bible so rigorously. 

2 minutes ago, Mole said:

I have a hard time determining if Stefan is highly functional after years of therapy and introspection or highly intelligent.

Both I believe. Maybe his IQ is not 150 like Peterson claims his is but Stefan definitely does the most of his. 

Also, pre-therapy Stefan was a programmer and a successful entrepreneur who sold his company for millions if I remember accurately, this is no accomplishment of your average Joe.

14 minutes ago, Ferssitar said:

Both I believe. Maybe his IQ is not 150 like Peterson claims his is but Stefan definitely does the most of his. 

Also, pre-therapy Stefan was a programmer and a successful entrepreneur who sold his company for millions if I remember accurately, this is no accomplishment of your average Joe.

No doubt he has a high IQ than the average Joe. I would wonder how high though. I remember one time that he said that if you listen to this show you must at least have an IQ of 130 but I'm honestly quite doubtful about that even with regards to older shows. What impresses me most about Stefan is obviously his language skills, massive lexicon, fluidity but also his clarity on issues and his social competence (although I'm not a fan of his humour). The first set there's no doubt he's born with that, but what about the second set? He says most of the ideas he presents are not original but I have heard nothing quite like them. Perhaps if I read enough Ayn Rand and Albert Ellis and do a lot of introspection I'll get a clarity of mind he seems to express and have a more joyful existence. I wish Stefan would go into more detail with regards to psychology. He gives a lot of analogies but I wish he was more analytical if you know what I mean. After shows, I'm left with a lot of unanswered questions and have to make up my own theories.

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

No doubt he has a high IQ than the average Joe. I would wonder how high though. I remember one time that he said that if you listen to this show you must at least have an IQ of 130 but I'm honestly quite doubtful about that even with regards to older shows. What impresses me most about Stefan is obviously his language skills, massive lexicon, fluidity but also his clarity on issues and his social competence. The first set there's no doubt he's born with that, but what about the second set? He says most of the ideas he presents are not original but I have heard nothing quite like them. Perhaps if I read enough Ayn Rand and Albert Ellis and do a lot of introspection I'll get a clarity of mind he seems to express and have a more joyful existence. I wish Stefan would go into more detail with regards to psychology. He gives a lot of analogies but I wish he was more analytical if you know what I mean. After shows, I'm left with a lot of unanswered questions and have to make up my own theories.

*120 not 130

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, Ferssitar said:

He says most of the ideas he presents are not original but I have heard nothing quite like them.

A lot of what he talks about regarding psychology is derived directly from Nathaniel Branden. I confirmed this while reading Branden's books. Stefan did say he was influenced by him a lot. He also said "The most influential book that I read in terms of self knowledge was the first one: The Psychology of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden" right here:

https://youtu.be/vQC4SusvjaE?t=38m50s

On 7/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, Mole said:

No doubt he has a high IQ than the average Joe. I would wonder how high though. I remember one time that he said that if you listen to this show you must at least have an IQ of 130 but I'm honestly quite doubtful about that even with regards to older shows. What impresses me most about Stefan is obviously his language skills, massive lexicon, fluidity but also his clarity on issues and his social competence (although I'm not a fan of his humour). The first set there's no doubt he's born with that, but what about the second set? He says most of the ideas he presents are not original but I have heard nothing quite like them. Perhaps if I read enough Ayn Rand and Albert Ellis and do a lot of introspection I'll get a clarity of mind he seems to express and have a more joyful existence. I wish Stefan would go into more detail with regards to psychology. He gives a lot of analogies but I wish he was more analytical if you know what I mean. After shows, I'm left with a lot of unanswered questions and have to make up my own theories.

You'd be interested in the older shows, I would wager.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:01 PM, twinklingwinter said:

A lot of what he talks about regarding psychology is derived directly from Nathaniel Branden. I confirmed this while reading Branden's books. Stefan did say he was influenced by him a lot. He also said "The most influential book that I read in terms of self knowledge was the first one: The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden" right here:

https://youtu.be/vQC4SusvjaE?t=38m50s

For those who don't check the link it's The Psychology of Self Esteem.  Nathaniel Branden also wrote The Six Pillars of Self Esteem which I have not yet read but I imagine is also worth a look.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tyler H said:

For those who don't check the link it's The Psychology of Self Esteem.  Nathaniel Branden also wrote The Six Pillars of Self Esteem which I have not yet read but I imagine is also worth a look.

Whoops, wrong book. Edited. Thanks!

Edit: Yes, it's a fantastic book. I recommend it.

1 hour ago, twinklingwinter said:

Whoops, wrong book. Edited. Thanks!

Edit: Yes, it's a fantastic book. I recommend it.

No problem! It's been sitting on my bookshelf, I think I'll crack it open this weekend. I found the first one really, really helpful so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.