A defence of postmodernism

ofd

Haven't finished the video, but replying so I can mark it for later.

It seems to me that postmodernism and communism are building up power levels for a big play.

I can see it all starting with the election of Linda Sarsour as president in 2020..

It's unfortunate how much time he spent to put together this video when the foundation for postmodernism (essentially Kant; partially Nietzsche and Descartes) has been so thoroughly refuted and deconstructed (by it's own hand) as to make it a laughable position.

Beyond that, roots of misleading philosophy and other social ills are, of course, more psychological than a problem of the wrong philosophical outlook. Even as such, postmodernism has yet to offer any practical advice for dealing with a postmodern world beyond "don't strive too much" and "try to have fun, whatever that is to you."

Postmodernism is a base for communism and other powerful groups simply because it pacifies the population. What is one willing to die for in a world of subjective value, meaning, and morality? This is why Nationalism is popular, it's a small circle to put your meaning in, but it's better than "starring into the infinite."

He could've spent his time better by trying to find a solution to the problem of postmodernism, rather than trying to defend the philosophical consequences of an irrational base. Or getting himself a therapist.

Postmodernism is right about one thing, there is infinite data out there and there is no definitive method to solve every problem.

It is the data that will save our lives or kill us that we really care about, and that has a relatively finite set of solutions (assuming you don't want to die).

loose paraphrase of Jordan Peterson. 

14 hours ago, Jsbrads said:

Postmodernism is right about one thing, there is infinite data out there and there is no definitive method to solve every problem.

It is the data that will save our lives or kill us that we really care about, and that has a relatively finite set of solutions (assuming you don't want to die).

loose paraphrase of Jordan Peterson. 

I almost hate to be picky here, but I don't think postmodernism deserves respect even for that.

Postmodernism isn't the first to recognize that there are epistemological problems that need to be solved, postmodernism just looks at them, sighs and says it's impossible to solve.

Postmodernism distilled is just: I give up and you should too.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.