FDR3758 Comment on Q1

waywed

The conflation of leftism and atheism is probably a reasonable one these days, however the implication seems to be that if I want to be a 'true rightist' then I have to give my atheism and become a Christian. Sorry, but the Plato example Stefan gave applies here. Adopting a mythology for some greater good is something I would never do. I will happily remain an atheist rightist!

• 1 month later...

The rightist is a person who doesn't believe everything he is told. To not believe in God is one of the modern beliefs which contradict millennia of critical (non-scientific) thinking.

discarding what was without testing new theories is the definition of Leftism.

Dont adopt a mythology. Think about the world around yourself critically and decide which is right (despite what people tell you).

" the implication seems to be that if I want to be a 'true rightist' then I have to give my atheism and become a Christian"

could you tell me why you feel this implication? I believe Stefan is an anarcho capitalist athiest, so I can never see him implying that. What the facts says however, is atheist tend to be on the left. This is clear from seeing polls on athiest and of course you can look at the brutal history of communism. 

So the facts may be "implying" that. However, this is vanished from the realization that correlation doesnt equal causation. 

I also believe Stefan has his peaceful parenting series that he argues to be the solution. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:52 AM, Jsbrads said:

To not believe in God is one of the modern beliefs which contradict millennia of critical (non-scientific) thinking.

This link and scholar seem to belie what you put.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

No?

If thinking critically, a supernatural view will be the last thing a mind would ever turn to. That is intellectual dissonance.    

Regards

DL

• 2 weeks later...

Rightist opposite of Leftist, vague definition.

I don't think everyone should drop atheism, merely challenge it intellectually. So many people accept atheism dogmatically. Strive for the truth with an open mind, don't listen to authority.

By definition, the creation of our universe is supernatural. If there is a Creator, that is God. The only question we are debating is whether the universe was created by accident or on purpose.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:08 AM, Jsbrads said:

Rightist opposite of Leftist, vague definition.

I don't think everyone should drop atheism, merely challenge it intellectually. So many people accept atheism dogmatically. Strive for the truth with an open mind, don't listen to authority.

By definition, the creation of our universe is supernatural. If there is a Creator, that is God. The only question we are debating is whether the universe was created by accident or on purpose.

That debate was been done and both science and religions now both have God of the Gaps.

Regards

D L

11 hours ago, Jsbrads said:

I don't.

God has always been the Creator, to many others too. 

The delusional or those who use faith instead of logic and reason, yes.

Not to Gnostic Christians.

Please have a look at two quick links and you might end in agreeing.

First, before people started believing in supernatural nonsense.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Second, how we created Gods.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.