Dr Peterson psychological significance of biblical stories

mgggb

Hi @meetjoeblack

I might be wrong here, totally missing the point of your approach and if you think I'm trying to practice arbitration  it isn't my true aim. I am being transparent so that you see my point.

I wish to have a reasonable and calm discussion if doable with all parties presenting their arguments without attacking the character of the other.

Feel free to do so otherwise, but may I ask you this:

Wouldn't you agree it's universally preferable staying within the boundaries of respectful manners?

We all just are curious and want to better understand the importance of the message of the other, wouldn't you say?

Barnsley

14 hours ago, meetjoeblack said:

He backs his arguments with sources similar to FDR/Stefan. He has called out the social sciences in universities as Marxist indoctrination. I think you've missed the mark on this one. If you truly are about destroying the social sciences, link me to your social media and youtube channel. Curious is curious how many if any followers you have?

EconoPhysics, my dude.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, Fashus Maximus said:

@Gnostic Bishop I get that, but what I'm asking is which theistic laws of Christianity are you referring to? And which war are you referring to when you say Christianity was spread by the sword?

When they spread Christianity by the sword and Inquisitions instead of good moral arguments.

Theistic laws like stoning adulterers and unruly children or stoning people for just wearing two kinds of cloth.

I could go on but you get the picture.

Regards

DL

On 12/4/2017 at 9:33 PM, Gnostic Bishop said:

When they spread Christianity by the sword and Inquisitions instead of good moral arguments.

I asked for which war you're referring to. Also, the Inquisition happened at a time when Christianity was already the dominant religion. So the Inquisitions cannot be an example of Christianity spreading.

I'll also point out that the Catholic Church was at this time heavily subverted by crypto-Jews, who played a major role in the Catholic / Orthodox split to begin with, among other subversive tactics. Catholicism was considered heresy by Orthos and their Jewish practices were denounced by Martin Luther who served as an instigator of the greater reformation movement. That's why protestants now rely on the Bible so heavily, it's due to the distrust of those who claimed to represent God's will and used their credibility for rent-seeking and profiteering.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:33 PM, Gnostic Bishop said:

Theistic laws like stoning adulterers and unruly children or stoning people for just wearing two kinds of cloth.

I could go on but you get the picture.

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her." - Jesus

Do you hold the same opinions as you did when you were 5? 10? 15? I would never bother debating an opinion you held then, but don't hold now. Why is it that you argue against an old passage, that was retestified by a later passage? You are arguing against an opinion that is not held by any Christian book, person or institution.

I most certainly do not get the picture.

8 minutes ago, Fashus Maximus said:

I asked for which war you're referring to. Also, the Inquisition happened at a time when Christianity was already the dominant religion. So the Inquisitions cannot be an example of Christianity spreading.

Was Christianity of the orthodox kind dominant in this area?

Regards

DL

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.