Is Stefan a tall Chinese man?

lorry

I can recall Stefan saying, to paraphrase, if immigrants had great values and a genuine love of freedom he would not care where they were from or what ethnicity they were. The most recent pod-cast that comes to mind is the interview with Peter Brimelow.

Given the results of the Putman study, does this not make Stefan a tall Chinese man?

If so, does it follow that Stefan's comments could be considered virtue signalling?

I dont follow your reasoning

"Tall chinese man" refers to the idea that just because you can find examples that dont follow a trend, it doesnt mean that the trend doesnt apply.

So, I dont know what trend it is that stef is an example of a "tall chinese man"

Even if its true, how does it follow that his comments could be considered virtue signalling?  

12 hours ago, neeeel said:

So the trend in this case is that increased diversity has a negative impact upon a variety of social factors as per the Putman study.

People act differently, implying people care about increased diversity.

Stefan has, I think, indicated that under certain criteria, viz. homogeneous values, he doesn't care about diversity.

He doesn't care about diversity, under such conditions, and so won't act differently.

So Stefan in the above case would be the tall Chinese man, he is the example that doesn't follow the trend.

As Stefan knows of the Putman study, it follows that he knows he is a tall Chinese man, so... virtue signalling.

edit. Don't get me wrong, it is probably a good idea, pragmatically speaking, but we are not Deweyites. thb I'm probably mischaracterising the position, I'll listen to the pod-cast again.

Struck out because I'm being a pedant, or wrong.

1 hour ago, lorry said:

So the trend in this case is that increased diversity has a negative impact upon a variety of social factors as per the Putman study.

People act differently, implying people care about increased diversity.

Stefan has, I think, indicated that under certain criteria, viz. homogeneous values, he doesn't care about diversity.

He doesn't care about diversity, under such conditions, and so won't act differently.

So Stefan in the above case would be the tall Chinese man, he is the example that doesn't follow the trend.

As Stefan knows of the Putman study, it follows that he knows he is a tall Chinese man, so... virtue signalling.

edit. Don't get me wrong, it is probably a good idea, pragmatically speaking, but we are not Deweyites.

Sorry, I still dont get how you get from "stef is a tall chinese man" to "stef is virtue signalling". I am probably being dense though

On 24/08/2017 at 4:34 PM, neeeel said:

Sorry, I still dont get how you get from "stef is a tall chinese man" to "stef is virtue signalling". I am probably being dense though

You're not being dense, I was wrong, or I was being a pedant (and I was wrong).

In terms of rarity, far rarer. IMO I think he is the only and by that best philosopher on Youtube or any platform I have seen. What are the alternatives? Other "philosophers" that do TEDx talks imo are all bought and paid for through the state and suck(where is their up to date Youtube channel?). Came across like one other guy,  a highschool teacher Gregory B. Sadler,  but doesn't have the punch of Stefans presentations, talks, research, current affairs etc and is reliant on the state, probably better to read philosophical texts directly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.