I have always been fascinated by stories and storytelling. I have devoured more movies, games, comics, tv shows than I care to count however I didn't really have any empirical proof of the value of such things aside from entertainment. Though I have my own theories/beliefs on the values of stories I always remained skeptical of the veracity of my theories/beliefs and shrugged of repeating patterns as coincidence. Stefan was the first person that expressed a similar view on these works of art. I remember a podcast when he was arguing against the criticism of him reading bible stories to his child, the gist of his response being something like "these stories withstood the test of time so of course they hold value". This is very similar to what Jordan Peterson says in his lectures whether on the bible stories or Pinocchio. 

Now knowing what I know I'm a firm believer in the value and importance of such stories. Watching his "Stranger Things" review I'm really curious of his take on several other pieces of storytelling that I hold dear. I'm writing this to show my support of such content and I hope there are a lot of people out there who feel the same because I want more. MORE.

I very much agree with you. I have in the past shared some videogames I knew to be interesting in terms of themes and underlying intents. I think it would be very fun for Stefpai to loosen his tie, pick up a controller, throw some logs on the fire, and analyze the themes, intent, and validity (of those themes) from various media like games and anime (especially since I think Stefpai is allergic to anime from what little I've heard him mention). 

First anime I'd recommend to Stefbot is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Just search it up on YouTube and you'll understand quickly enough.

I could write a Domesday Book of video games; I think I'll just repeat some key ones like Romance of the Three Kingdoms; Fallout; Dark Souls; Persona; Ogre Battle; and (for funzies I add) Record of Agarest War: Zero (which I think in spite of itself actually is a bit instructive). 

Stefpai's critique of Stranger Things actually makes me more curious about it. I didn't know it was a TV Show, let alone existed. I think I'll check it out.

Hi all,

Stefan Molyneux's storytelling ability in captivating and poking the rational, higher realms in one-self is much appreciated and truly commendable even from an objective perspective. Too good at times, forever grateful for that.

I personally wouldn't like to see him engage in that endeavour.

Not more than/at most as he already does when referencing, clarifying in 'getting leveled' with someone during a discussion. Collaborative appearances, cherry picking and balancing ideas for the most benefit of everyone. True Liberal virtue if you ask me. (adding that I could be narrow-minded here, not seeing the 'otherwise clear opportunity others detect with ease')

my source of reasoning

1 - others DO have much more credibility, he wouldn't be perceived genuine, tons of things he's doing at near peak efficiency... why waste more than necessary. (that's not to say - I sometimes wonder if he willfully exaggerated here&there for a more efficient 'delivery', except when presenting facts, framework of an argument. His trusty lightsaber - 'The flaming laser sword of Newton & Occam' )

2 - It isn't within his brand and the 'meta-perspective' on his direction until now, currently and indicated excludes approaching the topic that will make Christians happy to have listened to him and ended up with more doubts... unless it's ready to abandon certain things. Ready? Are people more rational than say 2000yrs ago? That's not to say they aren't increasingly flocking to the rational, virtuous nowadays. Have I mentioned that Stefan is proving to be one such individual each time he puts something out? That's a great deal of responsibility already, wouldn't it be more rational to keep building the same, than scout for a new piece of land?

3 - He might have said, claimed to his weakness as to be too forgiving. I think his photorealistic memory, 'genetically coded strive' for rationality won't simply allow that to be true (ever) in the sense as it's required in Christianity. Cccaan't do... immovable object vs. irresistible force... Notice how he hasn't really revert his position on the nature of the indoctrination aspect of any religion, the Bible included. simplified: 'You mess up big time, can't forget. No blank sheet, sorry. We can be business associates at most, given you do all the necessary.'

I'm prepared to be contradicted, given how good he, his support team (give credit to his right hand(?) Yo' Michael!), family is at what they do, whilst I am only grateful to be able to benefit from all of it in my own way!

Barnsley

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.