[Podcast] 3945 Shut Up and Man Up? - Call In Show - December 27th, 2017

Question 1: [2:06] – “I'm trying to create awareness about something I've been witnessing take place lately and I was hoping I could perhaps speak to you about these issues concerning my university, my community and the perception of Cuban Americans, such as my family. Essentially fellow students, as well as other Miamians, have started widely referring to the Cubans of my Grandfather's generation, those who fled the Castro regime, and their children as 'gusanos' (Gusano meaning worm in English). They have also referred to their experience as 'immigrant light' because their immigration to this country was legal and that they weren't on the receiving end of 'racism.' The reason this is so appalling to me is that the term 'gusano' is actually the communist propaganda of the Castro Regime meant to create a divide among Cubans and discredit those who left. I have had my family attacked on social media for being educated, hard-working immigrants and told that they were most likely Batista sympathizers or worse. The authenticity of Cubans, especially ones who originally fled the Castro regime, as latinos and as immigrants is being questioned more and more which I believe to be mainly because they are widely Conservative. I am proud of my family and their achievements, accomplished despite their many obstacles, so I refuse to have their good name tarnished by today's community that is hell bent against those who are conservative. However, I worry that if I were to go on the offensive on this issue I could lose the scholarships I've worked so hard to earn if my University found out. What can I do to fight this intelligently and without bringing myself down to the whining, complaining nature of the left?”

Question 2: [1:18:11] – “In your proposition Christianity is Epistemologically indefensible, are you referring to both models of epistemology: Foundationalism and Coherentism? Or are you basing your proposition solely on Christian apologists that argue from a foundationalist model of epistemology?"

Question 3: [2:11:30] – “The reason I write you today is because after watching your video on why the left always wins I found myself in thought about the many times I have won these arguments. Our mentality of using victim hood and whining about how things are not fair is never a winning argument. As men shouldn't we be pushing other men to be stronger and more honorable? Instead of looking at the world as victims of our circumstances shouldn't we be teaching other men how to conquer and not complain? I feel like focusing on what we can't do or how things should be we should be teaching men to eat past it and not worry about what happened to them in the past or their circumstances now.”

Question 4: [2:39:03] – “I’m living with a lot of regret lately in my professional and financial life, as well as my personal relationships and political involvements. How can I overcome the pain of lost opportunities and sunk costs, and instead of dwelling on what could've been, use my experience over the past decade of poor choices to avoid repeating my history and compounding the difficulties in life I'm experiencing today? I'd like to define and make a distinction between nostalgia and regret: nostalgia being a fond reminiscence or sentimental longing for past life moments, whereas regret is the pain in acknowledging poor choices that have resulted in a disconnect between the reality I’m living and the reality that could have been or should be.”

Your support is essential to Freedomain Radio, which is 100% funded by viewers like you. Please support the show by making a one time donation or signing up for a monthly recurring donation at: http://www.freedomainradio.com/donate

Listen to the Podcast

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.