Music that is anti war.

J.L.W

I notice a few skilled musicians cover Green Day songs. The reflection of 'aloneness' in 'Boulevard of Broken dreams'. Despite wearing his hear like a high school kid they have come out with seriously quality songs... This is a good anti war song:

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends [Official Music Video] [Link]

Also, obviously, Donovan and "Universal Soldier". Dylan and "Masters of War" and other songs from Dylan being generally, but not specifically anti war!

Does anyone have interest in how anti war either music or other forms of messages are expressed in society?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I find it interesting how sometimes songs work very well with the Christian 'mythology' included. Here it is a reference to "judgement day". Even though I can't name an anti war song of Johnny Cash's, his religious references I think were very good.

I've looked around and have found some music but, other pieces of music I know are anti war and are very good are not in these lists. There is quite a lot of so called anti war music that just doesn't deliver the message effectively.

Here is one from Kate Bush, but even though it is good it does not deliver the message as effectively as 'Universal Soldier' or 'Knocking on Heavens door'. The angle it comes from is original in that the lyrics are 'he could have been a [userful member of society]' but then clearly he wasn't.

I still think that Green Day song was fantastic. It was a little unnerving to see the girl upset her boyfriend had gone to war.

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I find it interesting how sometimes songs work very well with the Christian 'mythology' included. Here it is a reference to "judgement day". Even though I can't name an anti war song of Johnny Cash's, his religious references I think were very good.

I've looked around and have found some music but, other pieces of music I know are anti war and are very good are not in these lists. There is quite a lot of so called anti war music that just doesn't deliver the message effectively.

Here is one from Kate Bush, but even though it is good it does not deliver the message as effectively as 'Universal Soldier' or 'Knocking on Heavens door'. The angle it comes from is original in that the lyrics are 'he could have been a [userful member of society]' but then clearly he wasn't.

I still think that Green Day song was fantastic. It was a little unnerving to see the girl upset her boyfriend had gone to war.

Youtube: Kate Bush: Army of dreamers (video) [Link]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.