[YT- P. J. W.] The Truth About Social Media

barn

Hi thinkers and alike,

Paul Joseph Watson has made a great video about the least discussed aspects of interaction with social media, some of the symptoms I have experienced myself... not good. Deeply thought provoking summary, I'm currently sharing it with everyone/everywhere I can.

It would be interesting to see a video on the same subject from the FDR team, adding new and powerful insights (as usual) on the topic.

This was a good one. The constant expectation of feedback for every little thing we post does function similarly as gambling addiction in the brain.

It's such a contrast to the world I live in. Being it's a small community, we are all much more face-to-face connected. In other words, not a good idea to be rude on the road with another driver because he might just be the guy you called to fix your plumbing. 

Ironically, I was just given my first cell phone by someone I work for, and also help them with their dog care. I have been avoiding getting one, although it is just another tool. Not good or bad all on it's own.

The walking and texting dead. Yep, good subject for the FDR team.

4 hours ago, MercurySunlight said:

It's such a contrast to the world I live in. Being it's a small community, we are all much more face-to-face connected. In other words, not a good idea to be rude on the road with another driver because he might just be the guy you called to fix your plumbing. 

I think that's a great point.

Personally, that's partly the reason why I don't think cities as such really serve the tribalistic nature of mankind(not for a ___ more generations). We're still at the stage of benefiting immensely more from strong bonds, tight communities. We would. People in small communities can tell you. (not you, you, per se...)

The worst of such communities is the 'gossip' , but it's still better than higher rates of depression, crime, aimlessness... etc. compared to the vast and homogeneous tree of steel and concrete... I'm exaggerating, of course.

The website bookingdot com for example does continuous AB testing (it's mentioned in the documentary,) where small parts of the website load differently for some users simultaneously, allowing the admins to tailor certain aspects of the visuals/working mechanisms of the platform/be adjusted, nearly immediately according to visible trends extracted by the use of algorithms. And this is a super common approach, I just brought up one existing example at random. (it's just efficient, though)

VPRO (BACKLIGHT) Documentaries (stay skeptical though)

I highly recommend watching:

° What Makes You Click

° The real value of your personal data

° Your data or your freedom?

° Digital Civilian Detectives

° Producing the fairphone

° Digital Amnesia

° Offline Is The New Luxury

p.s. (And if you think, you are brave enough, watch a documentary called Erasing David. It 'changed me' forever...for better or for worse.)

• 2 months later...

Great video, closely ties in with the subject of the op and offers invaluable insights into the truth on many things, 'mission' being one of them.

I think I'll be listening to it many more times.

Here, the article referenced in the video.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.