Evidence to support the claim that with or without other human beings in one's life, one will not die alone.

jweiland

43 minutes ago, S1988 said:

I don't have statistical evidence, but I'm a loner, and I'm still here even though I been demonized for my loner lifestyle for most of my life like it was a disease or something.

Loner is different from being without other human beings, which is why i asked my question. It's not unheard of, for example, for people to be found dead, partially eaten by their companion animals (usually the animal turns after the person is long dead, so you can't really fault the animal, or really make much of an argument, given the animal likely already understand's that the original owner is dead).

So what is the question? is it whether or not animal companionship is enough? is it whether or not schizophrenics can survive without companions? Is it whether or not we will survive as adults (unlike children) if we're neglected and have no purpose? Does suicide count as death from being alone? Are we worried about loneliness as a cause of death? What are we asking, here?

What about loneliness felt even when not alone? One can be surrounded by others and still feel lonely, and to me, that's the worst type of loneliness. I should know because I've been there and don't want to go back. 

Nope. I'm pretty sure consciousness is a fabrication, like vision. Although we may like to think for a resurrection, ghost pacman self or oneness with the Universe. God another way of saying the unrealised self. If you believe other, more power(a lie btw?) to you. Make it real, like the movie "Catch Me if you can", or not?

Once you're dead, you're consigned to oblivion. Unless you have children, in which case a part of the information that makes you, you, may live on a while longer(might not even be expressed if the genetics are recessive). Morality, perhaps a way of living a less painful and steady existence, but that is dependent on relationships; although if you had good relationships why would you need morality? You may just end up suffering pointlessly for your entire life, then die.

• 2 months later...

I would propose that the concept and phrase "we die alone" is some nihilistic bullshit used by people as an excuse to get miserable or justify their misery and disaffection. Here's a radical concept: I'd RATHER be alone. society is so fucked and people are so blue pilled it's not even funny. If I die alone, good, it means I was happy in my final moment.

Edited by Joe the Mountain Hermit
added: in my final moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.