cattle domesticated farm animlas and the modern dating mating scene

iron

Hi everyone

I'm not too familiar with modern psychology theories, especially in regards to mating,

I've listen to a bit of JP talks, and there is a question I've been wondering about for some time now...

Is the modern dating/marriage/mating scene in the west, trending towards becoming more like the mating behaviors of domesticated animals / cattle?

I'm not a farmer, and know very little about how breeding process actually works, but correct me if I'm wrong:

the male to female ratio among domesticated bovine is something like 1 to 20 or even 1 to 50. 

For example, a dairy farmer would keep one bull (male) to breed with 30 of his cows (female).  The rest of his male bovine are discarded  and turned to beef or veal in a few weeks or in a year.  Or their skin would be used for leather.  In the past they had use for them, as they could be used as draft animals, pulling machinery, but today with large machinery and tractors they're not needed for work.  Some of them would be castrated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Here's a site recommending the 1 to 20 ratio https://u.osu.edu/beef/1999/03/10/mating-capacity-of-bulls-bull-to-cow-ratio/

Similar ratio for rooster (male) to hen (female) which is 1 to ~12, correct?

Anyways, wondering if the modern mating scene is very similar:

1 man getting mating opportunities with 20-50 women and this man would be what JP would call - alpha

and the other male humans are "discarded" - they are called beta

Has there been any books on this phenomena- comparing it to domesticated farm animals?

If this phenomena is really true today, I guess the old adage is correct:

"you are what you eat"

haha

2 hours ago, iron said:

Hi everyone

I'm not too familiar with modern psychology theories, especially in regards to mating,

I've listen to a bit of JP talks, and there is a question I've been wondering about for some time now...

Is the modern dating/marriage/mating scene in the west, trending towards becoming more like the mating behaviors of domesticated animals / cattle?

I'm not a farmer, and know very little about how breeding process actually works, but correct me if I'm wrong:

the male to female ratio among domesticated bovine is something like 1 to 20 or even 1 to 50. 

For example, a dairy farmer would keep one bull (male) to breed with 30 of his cows (female).  The rest of his male bovine are discarded  and turned to beef or veal in a few weeks or in a year.  Or their skin would be used for leather.  In the past they had use for them, as they could be used as draft animals, pulling machinery, but today with large machinery and tractors they're not needed for work.  Some of them would be castrated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Here's a site recommending the 1 to 20 ratio https://u.osu.edu/beef/1999/03/10/mating-capacity-of-bulls-bull-to-cow-ratio/

Similar ratio for rooster (male) to hen (female) which is 1 to ~12, correct?

Anyways, wondering if the modern mating scene is very similar:

1 man getting mating opportunities with 20-50 women and this man would be what JP would call - alpha

and the other male humans are "discarded" - they are called beta

Has there been any books on this phenomena- comparing it to domesticated farm animals?

If this phenomena is really true today, I guess the old adage is correct:

"you are what you eat"

haha

Yes and no. Because of child support laws the alphas aren't necessarily having children. The ratios of men who have children and how that selection happens is very different from the ratio of men having sex and how that selection happens. I've had lots of opportunity to have children but I don't want to chance getting stuck with child support so I make sure I don't. Otherwise I would have a lot right now, omg, a lot. However its certainly my fall back strategy. If I can't find a decent wife in the next 10 years, then I will just start getting randos preggo left and right. I mean im going to have kids one way or another.

3 hours ago, ofd said:

I think the modern world in the West resembles more and more the Mouse experiments done by Calhoun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments

Yes there is little to regulate behaviour in a relative excess and disproportionate spread of resources. Found it funny that Sweden is the most rational AND expressive country in the world. According to a recent post. Perhaps another way to regulate behaviour would be to read various thinkers from the past, and adjust to that. Read a similar idea in "Modern Man in Search of a Soul" Carl Jung.

I read that the stanford prison experiments, were a fraud yesterday though. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 5:55 PM, GeorgeW said:

BTW, in at least some breeds of cattle the few bulls never get it on with the cows, the cows are all artificially inseminated.

Maybe the bulls native to that herd have weak Game. Maybe they were trying beta provider Game with the giving of all the best grass to the cows when what they should have been doing was alpha peacocking Game by grooming their fur, polishing their horns, and telling entertaining stories. The native bulls probably gave their cows the vote, and they voted to import bulls from a different herd.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, iron said:

There is no need to invoke comparisons with non-human animals. The ancient ratio of successful female to male reproducers was 17:1.

https://psmag.com/environment/17-to-1-reproductive-success

Once upon a time, beta males were needed to do hard labor, like farming, or dangerous tasks, like defending a border. Then, the beta males invented machines to eliminate scarcity and risk from society. The women, liberated from their dependence upon a beta male provider and protector, decided they no longer had any use for a beta male provider and protector. This is where we are today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.