[YouTube] The Biggest Threat To The Internet As We Know It | Article 13

Don't want to 'speak vegetables here' but a certain 'onion' might be getting much more desirable as a result of this... which is counterintuitive if the State's goal is to better protect, prevent  ...

i. e - The most appropriate way to relocate an unwanted wild-bee colony recently having settled under the roof of a family home is, logically the steps are... one must first shake it really hard and then ...

A huge stride closer to the police state people in Europe seemingly are indifferent about... Un-be-f-ing-'live'-able !

(I guess my plans for moving could be sped up, having even more incentives now..."All hands! Abandon sinking ship! I repeat! All ha... ")

"On 20 June 2018, the European Parliament Committee on Legal Affairs voted in favour of adopting Articles 11 and 13. The vote will then go to the European Parliament in July 2018, while a final vote is set for either December 2018 or January 2019.[22][23]"

(from here, see -> 'Progress')

(' Progress' ... they dare calling it as such... )

'Altrutis constanti' , the insanity manifested : (... Constantly reminded of Stefan Molyneux's analogy of the two football teams playing against where one team keeps passing the ball to the other team, while that team never does so and only attacks and attacks and never backs down...)

Indeed... " The future belongs to those who will it the strongest. "

• 2 months later...

"MEPs voted 438 votes to 226 in favour of passing the amended EU Copyright Directive. "

"The proposal passed unchallenged, meaning that the proposed EU Copyright Directive can pass into law without the need for further amendments."

In essence, 'hyperlink - tax' and 'upload filter'... about to arrive in the near future.

(For those unfamiliar, the hyperlink tax is powergrab... ie. - if you don't have an army of lawyers but the other party does, whoever linked your content can do so freely but if you did the same you'll be paying through your nose(no exempt states allowed, as per voted&accepted recently) and the 'upload filter' is censure... ie. - someone other than the poster gets to decide whether a content can appear or not (yes, going backwards too once the law is in effect)... the 'modern' version of book burning.

Not good... the darkweb just got a few hundred millions more users, companies will lose massive income due to people seeking freedom of information, it will have the opposite effect than what the greedy and evidently rotten boomers have wanted(?, or claimed). Not to mention the sharp increase in corruption (logically) as the laws are only going to increase the feasibility of backdoor agreements, the power of people in any&all legislative systems within the EU. They definitely don't care about the next generations... it's Nutts!

(link) - quotes from verdict dot co

ps. - Think about this for a bit... If the Internet wasn't part of an efficient and effective cure against statism and communism(kinda repeating myself) -> Why would the EU as a whole, do everything it can in its power to downgrade it to an elementary school newspaper where you get fined&sent to the principal's office even for saying 'pee-pee and poo-poo' or simply stating something obvious, like there are better&worse teachers in the school, there's a difference in skill and merit. Ahh... the ' horrors ' of reason & evidence.

By the looks of things ... I guess it's decided.

'Hard-landing' or rather more accurately 'a flaming ball of fire slamming into the ground miles away from the clearly visible landing strip'. Buckle up people! The pilots have already jumped out with their 'golden parachutes', it's only down to physics now.

Edited by barn
added, grrrmer, ps

On 09/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Does this have any impact on Americans who use the Internet? Or does it only apply to Europeans under the E.U.?

It will but I don't think I'm the right person to go into the details of it.

Do Americans consume, trade with intellectual produce of Europeans? If the answer is yes, so is to your question.

Also, think about server parks (amazon) and intelligence, and banking and research/development... everything will be affected or at least it's uncertain to what extent, how or when... not a great enticer. (cynically put)

Probably, after a certain point... it was best if Europe got rejected from the Internet and had to create its own. (At least, that's where things are heading currently.) It would fix things on the long run (more volatile hard-slamming-Europe into the ground)

ps. - That was 'cold', maan.

4 minutes ago, barn said:

Do Americans consume, trade with intellectual produce of Europeans? If the answer is yes, so is to your question.

The answer is "no". Usually European intellectual goods (for lack of a better word) comes from European immigrants/settlers not so much from what they natively create in their native lands.

America has always been culturally distinct from England, France, Germany, and other European countries in spite of being genetically composed of these countries for a reason: (and I don't know the reasons for sure, but I think one reason is:) we're geographically distant and politically independent of Europe. 

This may spark some resistance among Conservative Americans though; which is to say an equivalent bill is very likely to be fought hard (or harder) in America due to having a Europe to act as an example of what happens when traditional American values like Freedom of Speech and ideas are struck down.

On 09/14/2018 at 11:17 PM, barn said:
On 09/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, Siegfried von Walheim said:

Does this have any impact on Americans who use the Internet? Or does it only apply to Europeans under the E.U.?

Also, think about server parks (amazon) and intelligence, and banking and research/development... everything will be affected or at least it's uncertain to what extent, how or when... not a great enticer. (cynically put)

Probably, after a certain point... it was best if Europe got rejected from the Internet and had to create its own. (At least, that's where things are heading currently.) It would fix things on the long run (more volatile hard-slamming-Europe into the ground)

ps. - That was 'cold', maan. 

On 09/14/2018 at 11:24 PM, Siegfried von Walheim said:

The answer is "no". Usually European intellectual goods (for lack of a better word) comes from European immigrants/settlers not so much from what they natively create in their native lands.

I think your assertion (?) is incorrect, given the sources, one example would be this.

(Not to mention banking, R/D, international branches having to undergo structural changes, educational programs, server parks, intelligence gathering... etc. Though in my mind the greatest and near impossible to calculate loss to not just Americans is the vast burning away of 'opportunity costs'.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.