Google is the world's largest breeding ground for sociopaths who see morals as obstacles to overcome, rather than paths to follow. Their utter indifference to the ethical repercussions and potential consequences of their actions is beyond all comprehension.

Stefan, if you see this, I need to tell you that I strongly disagree with you about artificial intelligence. It is far more capable than you seem to think. Please watch the videos listed below and make a video on it at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

On 7/17/2018 at 12:28 AM, Jsbrads said:

AI is a tool. It is far from the powerful tool people think it to be. But that doesn’t mean people can’t give AI more power than it deserves and harm us in doing so.

I don't believe AI is necessarily a tool. It can become whatever the creators are able to make it. According to what I understand, today's artificial intelligence doesn't just use the simple "if-then" programming instructions one would expect. Instead, it aims to emulate how a brain works by simulating a neural network. This has the potential to lead to the creation of AIs which are no longer objectively distinguishable from conscious beings.

Correct, they don’t use if then functions.

Yes, scientists would love to get them to emulate the brain. First problem is we don’t know how the brain works.

AIs today are more like plinko machines, not particularly powerful, but much like astrology, doesn’t mean people can’t leave decisions to it wothbad effect. 

AI is not something to worry about. Its kinda like when the left worries about guns and say guns kill people lol. Humans kill people and if they use a gun or AI it doesn't matter, the crime and worry is with the human never the gun or AI

Obviously AI = "Artificial" which means human-made. As far as going "out of control" it doesn't matter, Other things humans use do the same, just some time ago there was a missile threat alert alarm that went off in Hawaii because someone accidentally clicked a button. How out of control is the current state weapons which are far more harmful and real than some imaginative speculated AI hypothesis.

Also, I normally see this AI fearmongering from people like Sam Harris who I believe wants a world government, talk about a red herring smh and he also believes in determinism, yep better go out and try to stop this AI even tho the outcome is already determined right? 

Be careful of these sophists

There are imminent threats and possible threats. An imminent threat is societal upheaval, because expert system will replace more and more bullshit jobs or jobs that can be easily automated. Another one is that some bright fellow will have the idea of replacing human written computer programs with a neural network or worse, have a neural network write code and then use it. The problem will be that you can't understand what goes wrong neither will you have any idea how to fix it. Neural networks are already a big market, unbeknownst to the public. Pharmaceutical research or structural engineering rely heavily on them and in the future we'll see more examples of those at work.

23 hours ago, Jsbrads said:

Correct, they don’t use if then functions.

Yes, scientists would love to get them to emulate the brain. First problem is we don’t know how the brain works.

AIs today are more like plinko machines, not particularly powerful, but much like astrology, doesn’t mean people can’t leave decisions to it wothbad effect. 

A virtual neural network doesn't necessarily need to resemble the structure of a brain to work intelligently.

Even with today's hardware limitations and the largest AIs having the neuron count of a mouse, they are still able to solve problems in ways humans seldom would. The rapid rate at which an AI adapts to new information is thousands, if not millions, of times faster than that of human evolution.

They may not be a threat with today's computer hardware, but I don't believe it will take much more technological innovation to make them such.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.