What other boards do you use?

Subsidiarity

I'm trying to get off of social media, but I still need community. Where else can I go?

Preferably communities that are built on federated technologies, not just a platform that has a liberty community.

In the interest of promoting boards in general, the admins may want to promote a few sister boards.

Edit: Part of the reason for getting off of platforms is censorship, which is why I am trying to lean more toward federated/decentralized technologies.

Edited by Subsidiarity
Describe motivation for the question

Similar to FDR? or something different?, used an unofficial FDR Discord server a while a go, though probably not what you're looking for. I guess whatever system would have to be some incentive to setup and attract people. 

Maybe there's some decent computing forums out there somewhere, providing a rational base of people in general. At any rate, maybe they'd have an answer.

20 hours ago, barn said:

Hi @Subsidiarity

Paul Joseph Watson did a great video on it and more. Have you had a chance to check it out?

(The title's - "The truth about social media")

It didn't say anything about alternatives and suggestions.

18 hours ago, RichardY said:

Similar to FDR? or something different?, used an unofficial FDR Discord server a while a go, though probably not what you're looking for. I guess whatever system would have to be some incentive to setup and attract people. 

Maybe there's some decent computing forums out there somewhere, providing a rational base of people in general. At any rate, maybe they'd have an answer.

I'm looking for something that is censorship resistant, hence federated/decentralized technologies. Discord is vulnerable to censorship.

Some content creators host their own communities, similar to FDR, like Free Talk Live and School Sucks. I will give them a try. And the Skeptic Society has a forums. I will set that up and go from there. Perhaps I will see some of your there. And I will ask those communities for further suggestions.

3 minutes ago, ticketyboo said:

Is this message board the best forum for discussing FDR shows and related issues? I've looked at others, but the traffic here is surprising low.

It's not "low" so much as pretty much everything FDR and appealing to the type FDR attracts has been talked to death. I frankly wish we could import some Far Left Communists or something just to spice up the intellectual diversity of the boards since I'm pretty sure 99% of everyone here is a Stefanist AnCap, making this essentially just a matter of debating fine details rather than the broad scope.

@ticketyboo

I'm always interested in different forums or avenues to explore and aquire ideas. If you know any? Right wing  Left wing, I don't care.

I think the shift of focus from abstract philosophy & peaceful parenting(still important) to things like the situation in S.Africa as the last bastion of western technological and cultural influence. Like the woman having her head drilled in, plus the referencing of the angle grinder.(like the movie Scarface) . Puts a lot of people off, kind of like the expression, not when I'm eating. How do you process something like that? Not particularly good for advertisers, kind of the opposite of makes friends and influence people. Although has an affect on other Youtubers that spread the idea of freedom, filters down and spreads.

Yeah I guess forums aren't perhaps as popular, plus the monitoring overhead. One thing I have noticed is a lot less trolling(possibly as the subjects become more dire), although less conscious.

Looked at various generic philosophy & history forums and a "Actualization forum"(although too many deepities and what Freud would call oceanic personalities OR Lefties, still appreciate different views at the very least as entertainment), but more book smart and seemingly public intellectuals on the take and wedded to their conclusions. Or students with their favourite reads, no locking horns just taste. To me I find "philosophising" more interesting than computer games, which I was pretty addicted to. Need a greater fix.

On 08/23/2018 at 4:39 PM, Subsidiarity said:
On 08/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, barn said:

Hi @Subsidiarity

Paul Joseph Watson did a great video on it and more. Have you had a chance to check it out?

(The title's - "The truth about social media")

It didn't say anything about alternatives and suggestions. 

Are you sure? :ermm:

How have you established that what you are set out to achieve isn't just a substitution? (obviously, this is a long-shot)

I'm guessing I should add, that if you are still " trying to get off of social media ", it's a fantastic video.

(He does a lot more than suggestions by speaking about the importance of... organised mental space, attention span, empathy... what not to do and a few subtle messages even behind the outrageous scenes occasionally with an awesome narration. Great summary and more realisations at each re-listen. That's why I thought to recommend it.)

3 hours ago, Siegfried von Walheim said:
3 hours ago, ticketyboo said:

Is this message board the best forum for discussing FDR shows and related issues? I've looked at others, but the traffic here is surprising low.

It's not "low" so much as pretty much everything FDR and appealing to the type FDR attracts has been talked to death. I frankly wish we could import some Far Left Communists or something just to spice up the intellectual diversity of the boards since I'm pretty sure 99% of everyone here is a Stefanist AnCap, making this essentially just a matter of debating fine details rather than the broad scope.

Maybe this is why Stef does current events. He has already won all the arguments on the big, abstract stuff.

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2018 at 6:04 PM, ticketyboo said:

Maybe this is why Stef does current events. He has already won all the arguments on the big, abstract stuff.

Has he won the argument about who gets the nukes, or why rich people in an AnCap wouldn't just use their money to buy armies that would reinstate kings?

13 hours ago, Donnadogsoth said:
On 8/24/2018 at 4:04 PM, ticketyboo said:

Has he won the argument about who gets the nukes, or why rich people in an AnCap wouldn't just use their money to buy armies that would reinstate kings?

By "abstract", I mean principles. Non-aggression, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.