[Podcast] 4196 ‘My Wife Has A Boyfriend’ - Call In Show - September 12th, 2018

Question 1: [0:00] – “It is often difficult to describe something one is lacking, even when it is glaringly obvious that there is something everyone else is experiencing. I am intellectually aware of something referred to as, ‘a sense of accomplishment,’ but have only the vaguest imaginings of what it probably feels like. The closest I ever manage is the absence of feeling the stress of needing to get something done. I generally managed to brute force myself through the necessities of the day but tend to feel like my gas tank is empty when it comes to doing productive things I’d like to do that are not necessary for day-to-day living. I have many rational arguments for why I should do things in my spare time that are more challenging than others, but I have yet to find an argument that is convincing. What have you found to be most useful when you are negotiating with yourself?

Question 2: [1:55:28] – “I've heard Stefan talk about not shying down from showing/using your intellect, not making yourself look smaller as the metaphorical tall guy since it's lying to yourself and not using your gift to a full potential. But from my experience nothing good ever came from showing my intellect to my peers or teachers, it always came down to them belittling me or in some cases extreme bullying, which leads to me trying to ‘fit’ in with the other kids, i.e. not getting the grades I could, not talking to about the things I'd like to, etc. Which lead to me not willing or able to go to school anymore because of extreme depression at a very young age. My question would be if intelligence is something that pushed our society out of the muck, why does it feel like a curse more than a gift?”

Question 3: [2:34:46] – “While I am generally in favor of capitalism and the free market I believe that there are some big limitations that prevent pure capitalism from working in today's global market. The capitalism of a global economy gives rise to large corporations that too big and limit opportunities for the majority of people. Specific examples would include Google and Facebook, which started off as great companies but now that they are market leaders and essentially can't be replaced have turned to enforcing the leftist narrative. I believe there is a role for some government regulation and some government programs such as military, infrastructure, policing, and eventually some sort of universal basic income. Anything extremist view can be harmful, and while freedom is important, unlimited and unchecked freedom with no restrictions is harmful. The non-aggression principle is an ideal and is not realistic enough to promote ultimate freedom.”

Question 4: [2:59:04] – “I've heard a few young ladies on your call-in show talking about delaying motherhood in order to set a career in motion first. Despite your best efforts to convince them otherwise, some still seem to unconvinced by your suggestions to have children younger and pursue a career once the kids are older. I have made many mistakes in my life including convincing myself that I didn't want a family and instead achieving a high-earning STEM career, only to find myself wholly unfulfilled. I was able to realize my error before my fertility window closed and now have an amazing husband and son, and I'd like to share my story in the hopes that some of the ladies out there might hear it differently from the mouth of a fellow lady who almost missed out on the most important title I could imagine - mom. I'm also hoping that Stefan would briefly discuss with me the idea of how to balance taking responsibility for one's actions and forgiving oneself (i.e. avoiding self-blame) specifically as it relates to choices made in the teenage years. I think this might help me in relation to dealing with my own choices and mistakes.”

Your support is essential to Freedomain Radio, which is 100% funded by viewers like you. Please support the show by making a one time donation or signing up for a monthly recurring donation at: http://www.freedomainradio.com/donate

Listen to the Podcast

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.