PT Bergin

Greetings free domain! I'm turning thirty next month, and expecting a kid next May. I've struggled with addiction and weight for most off my life, all due to my highly dysfunctional family of origin. 

The last couple years have been a most difficult adventure in discovering self knowledge, and after these last long 8 months of losing 70 pounds, i have also finally kicked my fifteen year addiction to marijuana and cigarettes. I've been sober from the weed for one month and haven't had a cigarette in about two weeks. It's not very long out of the jungle but it is quite an experience so far. My brain seems to be firing on all cylinders for the first time since i was probably five years old.  I've been stoned for such a great portion of my life that now sobriety almost feels like a high of its own. 

Are there any other current or former marijuana users or cigarette smokers here? Perhaps we could open a discussion about why we used or still use, and techniques that led to the quitting process becoming successful.

I have a few different paragraphs around my specific history with drugs i'm still editing, but wanted to get this post up and see who might be interested before i include some of that info and run on for too long.

Thanks everybody!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.