Stefan, Congratulations on your philosophical paradigm shift!

Azrael Rand

But by believing that reason was going to be the way to change people's minds, I was actually rejecting the evidence that I claimed to be the foundation of my rationality.

Quote taken from your most recent video with Mike Cernovich (14:20 - 15:48).

Congratulations on this intellectual achievement that was quite literally years in the making!

This certainly was no small feat. Ayn Rand would be proud of you!

Can't wait to see what changes are in store for your channel / platform in terms of content creation and outreach. Keep up he good work.

On 10/03/2018 at 1:42 AM, Azrael Rand said:

Quote taken from your most recent video with Mike Cernovich (14:20 - 15:48).

Congratulations on this intellectual achievement that was quite literally years in the making!

This certainly was no small feat. Ayn Rand would be proud of you!

Can't wait to see what changes are in store for your channel / platform in terms of content creation and outreach. Keep up he good work.

Hi @Azrael Rand

0. To me, a long time listener, the quote and the context from which it was taken from translates as (in a very tiny nutshell) :

'There are a lot less rational people out there than what my own experiences about my own way of thinking forecasted and it was beneficial had my expectations were adjusted to a more accurate level, better mirroring empirical reality.'

1. Is that genuine applause? (Please take it as me being unsure, weary since the time you gave me the definition for manipulation and influencing others as a simili or perhaps equivalent for emotional intelligence; saying that they're "objectively the same". )

2. Maybe it's just me...

If he changed his mind, people as a whole aren't irrational or he wasn't referring to all but a selected (arbitrary) group of them only, seeing himself as one of the exceptions.

With the same breath, it seems :

3. There are people who choose to change the way they think and translate it into conscious behaviour afterwards. Since it was possible for those individuals to do so, when helping others (potential candidates seeking more truth) with rational arguments to change the way they thought is logical and preferable to declaring that all people are irrational (Which's been proven wrong by his personal experience for starters.).

ps. - I'm not contemplating whether he thought of all individuals as irrational beings, unable to exercise their varied levels of free-will but I just wanted to illustrate a few points for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.