Hello from Copenhagen

Soren

So briefly, I am a 27 year old male of northern European decent, born in the Danish taxfarm. I have taken an education as an outdoor guide. And is now going on my sixt year of the four required for a school teacher education. I have been depressed since about 2002 at least, in 2008 I decided to change my life by changing my diet which helped for a time then I went even further down hill until I almost hit bottom. I have from there continually modified my diet and is now on a workable level but I have continually experienced that I collapse emotionally and physically for weeks at a time now its down to a couple of days for me. I thought for a long time that my problems where physical and needed to be solved that way. I have solved many physical problems: Astma, exema, random pains and allergy but while I have improved my mood I still get depressed at times and end the day by crying in the shower. So while scouring health food subjects I found more and more people talking about gut and brain relation. Which let me on the path of finding out what the psyche means for health. At the same time a guy I know from the internet turned from a free marked capitalist to TZM and showered me with videos some of them Stef's that's how I first learned about this but I didn't get caught by them at the time only later I stumbled on again they immediately caught me so here I am about 3 months later.

I have never had a girlfriend, I don't have any friends. I don't think I have much self empathy. Which I want to change.

I am slowly starting to realise that my parents probably where not the best at the job.

And no I am not going to apply for at job as a School teacher.

Soren

On a more positive and personal descriptive node.

I like and spend a lot of time being physically active, I bike everywhere try to run at least once a week, I climb a bit, swim, do handstand every day.

The physical activity I find the most fun is dancing I have developed "my own" dance floor style which I continually develop to serve it as a universal base for dancing alone primarily or together with others.

I like building accurate models, when I was little I made scale models, now I make 3d models as you can make them more accurate than what others can do.

I like physics and chemistry, mostly physics but trying to better get a grasp of chemistry.

I used to believe in my own Christian inspired god, where everybody would eventually go to heaven, hell was sort of a transitional place where you would realise your wrong doing before going to heaven, at one point when I was little it was both reincarnation and danish "Christianity". Richard Dawkins cured me of that nonsense and really turned me on to being rational and logical in the search for truth. I learned the scientific method which I perhaps.

I like happy upbeat music like disco and pop, but also enjoy rock and classic. Queen, Michael Jackson, Genesis are some of the music I enjoy the most.

Soren

Hello Soren! Welcome! :)

First of let me say this isolation is troubling and needs to be adressed and talked about and examined - rather sooner than later!

Is there a therapist near you?

Have you listened to some of the Psychology podcasts on FDR?

It's also refreshing to hear, that you care about health, nutrition and physical activity, that is often underestimated, good for you! Very positive!

Did you ever try joining some sports/physical activity clubs? Once you get into therapy and receive some empathy, you might want to slowly try socializing.

Also, great that you're not choosing to be a teacher, that will keep you from a lot of frustration and trouble.

Do you have a job, something parttime maybe?

Again, great that you start to confront this, its gonna be step by step, but I think its very worth it.

You seem to be interested in a lot of stuff, you're probably pretty smart and self reliable, all great qualities to have!

Greets from Leipzig

Thomas

Thank you for your comment,

I have started searching for a therapist, but so far they are out of my price range costing 150-180$ per session of 45-60min which I can't afford at the moment they are pretty much all members of the same organization which have uniform prices.  I am meeting with a personal problem councillor at my study every couple of weeks(seen her 3 times only available during the time school is open. Which I can keep seeing and plan to see, there is also a guidance councillor I can see if I want to chat about stuff.

I do have a part time job witch can just support me.

I do listen to Psychology podcasts and listener conversations which I find very enlightening.

Regards

Soren

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.