Hello all! form a place that should exist (South Africa) but really doesn't

Sayo

:Welcome: Hello all! I'm Sayo, a 23 year old student from the social fiction known as South Africa. My interests include philosophy, psychology, art and music.

I've never been so anxious about joining a forum before, actually I have been putting off signing up for a variety of reasons that sparked lively debates in my "mecosystem". See, some years back I had this notion that you could reform yourself through seclusion and unwavering discipline, like some sort of stiff-faced Shoulin monk; keeping journals, going to therapy and becoming philosophically aware- I mean how hard could that be right? Today I can only look back at my folly with chuckles. Turns out that becoming a Sensei in the art of virtue is infinitely more complex than practicing karate chops at the crack of dawn (who would have guessed it!)

Its great to finally make the jump into the FDR boards; the closest thing that I know to what might be considered a bulwark for the allies of virtue. I expect it to be a great catalyst in my personal development. some of the threads here are the stuff of legend, reminiscent of Plato's dialogues. Yes, his philosophy is retarded but the quality of Plato's  writing makes them such a pleasure to read and muse.

I suppose that (putting all philosophical differences aside) the difference between Plato's dialogues and FDR is that here the characters are real and the constraints within which they must operate cannot be easily manipulated to produce convenient resolutions... gosh its my first post and I am already ranting...  :bunny:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.