Philosophy & Econ Interests

LaissezFaire

I've been interested in philosophy since before I knew what it was. Probably my earliest exposure to its fringes was Spock's quasi-Stoic views on logic and character in the old Star Trek shows. Existentialism, nihilism, comparative religion and intellectual history are all majorly fascinating to me. Some political and anarchisty authors I've found interesting would be: Murray Rothbard, Max Stirner, Ayn Rand, Anthony de Jasay, Ludwig von Mises.

I was already pretty well into a material-realist and individualist outlook before I specifically considered politics, and after some sifting around I found that libertarians tended to have the legal and economic arguments that made the most sense to me; I also liked the somewhat awkward connexion to individualist and egoist philosophy. I don't think I ever was at a 'limited government' phase, I was more or less politically neutral before my exposure to libertarianism. Once I had a conception of systemic problems with state action (largely thanks to economics) it seemed obvious to me that, if you were consistent, you'd just cut the state out as an uncontrollable psycho-parasite.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.