Touching story and dream, I appreciate your vulnerability. I also enjoy the humour at the beginning of the video with the guido antics and Martin Luther King joke lol. 

That must have been an intense dream to have, and possibly a milestone in your life. Seems like a good addition to your psyche, to have that inner daughter! I can't even imagine what kind of dialogues you have with her. Right now my inner-critic is thinking that it's weird I say that, and even weirder that you chose to talk about this. Or not so much the choice, rather the content itself like "are you so mental or alone?" But no, I get ya. IFS looks like it is very useful to you and possibly others, hey even me since I can sense some of my constant scepticism towards IFS. That's just being overly self-conscious of course, so anyway.

I really loved that idea of your inner-daughter having a room of her own. It's like a continuous journey for her to grow at such an accelerating rate because of how much you're nurtured her, and by proxy yourself. That was a sign of independance, and oh man, you just reminded me I've had that video of Fred Rogers talking at congress favourited on Youtube for so long, it's time that I check it out now. He sounds like a great man if he was able to touch the heart of a beuracrat lol. Another cool part was when you inner-daughter said, "I want the world to be my room now." So it's like...spending all that time in a safe and cozy place with an adult who is a good influence with children such as Mr. Rogers, it was all preparation to be intimate and feel safe with the world at large. For you to have made this video was a way of her stepping out into the world and influence you to become more open on the internetz beyond the insightful texts you've posted here in the forum and chatroom.

Great video man!

Touching story and dream, I appreciate your vulnerability. I also enjoy the humour at the beginning of the video with the guido antics and Martin Luther King joke lol. 

That must have been an intense dream to have, and possibly a milestone in your life. Seems like a good addition to your psyche, to have that inner daughter! I can't even imagine what kind of dialogues you have with her. Right now my inner-critic is thinking that it's weird I say that, and even weirder that you chose to talk about this. Or not so much the choice, rather the content itself like "are you so mental or alone?" But no, I get ya. IFS looks like it is very useful to you and possibly others, hey even me since I can sense some of my constant scepticism towards IFS. That's just being overly self-conscious of course, so anyway.

I really loved that idea of your inner-daughter having a room of her own. It's like a continuous journey for her to grow at such an accelerating rate because of how much you're nurtured her, and by proxy yourself. That was a sign of independance, and oh man, you just reminded me I've had that video of Fred Rogers talking at congress favourited on Youtube for so long, it's time that I check it out now. He sounds like a great man if he was able to touch the heart of a beuracrat lol. Another cool part was when you inner-daughter said, "I want the world to be my room now." So it's like...spending all that time in a safe and cozy place with an adult who is a good influence with children such as Mr. Rogers, it was all preparation to be intimate and feel safe with the world at large. For you to have made this video was a way of her stepping out into the world and influence you to become more open on the internetz beyond the insightful texts you've posted here in the forum and chatroom.

Great video man!

Thanks for the feedback, MCS. I'm trying to loosin' up a bit on camera, hence the antics. I'm glad to hear you got a kick out of it. :DI'd like to hear more from your "inner critic". Maybe next time I see you in the chat room you can tell me more, "inner critic" feedback is welcome too.This was a milestone dream in that it's one I'll never forget. I'm impressed with how my mind works, I be like "How the heck did you did that?" sometimes. ;) I love bringing dream fodder into therapy and seeing what can be done with it, it's like direct access. Bam, I'm ovah heah now!I had a very fierce protector Part that was working hard to protect me from "the world", but, man, he was tired. He was a Black Stone Golem Building with no windows or doors when I first met him, then during one of my therapy sessions he sank into the ground and emerged as a modern glass skyscraper with the light from the sun shining into and through him. I'm glad the video was well received by you, but don't hesitate to let your "inner critic" come at me, bro. I think I can take it. 

I am enjoying listening presently.

You better. 

My inner-critic just says the same thing about me taking this approach of getting in touch with one of my parts. It doesn't know it's a part and thinks it has all monopoly over my consciousness. It would just say that it's weird to think there's a multiplicity of personalities living within you, and that YOU're weird for having to have made a video about meeting your inner-daughter.

I have an inner-girlfriend, and my inner-critic says that this IFS thing is just a way to alleviate the feeling of loneliness. You know by thinking you have all these other people living inside of you, you don't have much use to interact with anyone else, or at least just not as much as you would within yourself through the IFS method.

It also says that having other parts is just a way to fill a void, but I don't disagree with that. And that's not a bad thing anyway. Like you said at the end of your video, the inner-daughter's sassiness and badassery were parts of you that you haven't exuded well enough til becoming aware of them. Likewise with my inner-girlfriend, the dialogues I have with her is reshaping who I would really want to be if I got into a romantic relationship. Because boy...if I try any of the old stuff I used to do with my actual exgirlfriends, the inner-girlfriend comes at me with unwieldy ferocity.

As I write this, I recognize that my inner critic has been just judgemental of friends or family that seemed a bit off when I was younger, and although it has filled its role in that sense, it seems to want more reason to judge...even if it doesn't have to anymore. I suppose that's a part of me to explore and mend so that it can be a better protector overall.

You can read more about that in my Flirting and the NAP thread if you'd like. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.