Introduction

DanielJPetrik

Greetings FDR message board users.  I have been listening to FDR podcasts for several months now and thought I would explore this side of FDR.  I am assiduously chewing my way through the podcasts in order and closing in on podcast 300. 

I was a "latch-key" kid, and so had very few conflicts with my parents.  After ruminating over my early childhood, though, I recognize how the solitude had influenced my thinking and life choices.  For example, although I did very well in public high school (for whatever that is worth), I declined to continue on to college or even a trade school.  Within a few years of exiting my nonage I settled into the career of truck-driving with very few regrets.  I notice that I feel most comfortable alone on the road in the fiberglass and steel hulls of the trucks.

One perquisite of driving for a living is that I have many hours to let my mind wander and to listen to whatever I can find in an audio format.  It didn't take long for me to realize that pop music is vapid and poorly written and that they stopped making classic rock several decades ago.  I wandered to the AM side and went through a Limbaugh and "conserative talk-radio" phase.  Later I purchased a satellite radio and was exposed to hosts like Alex Jones and Rollye James which started to make me doubt the Statist model.  From Jones I found Tarpley (although very pro-state I still admire his knowledge of history), Draitser (another statist, but I agree with his anti-war rhetoric), to James Corbett who linked to a FDR podcast in one of his own.  Thus, I found my way here.

I took me two attempts to listen to Mr. Molyneux.  The first attempt to listen to the Intro to FDR series failed as I was bored to tears because I didn't understand the value of it.  I later listened to a short logic course and tried again to listen to FDR.  This time it took.  I spent a few weeks thinking Stef was a Sophist at best and a crack-pot at worst.  However, his podcasts were so well thought out and his arguements presented so well that I had to consider them.  As I thought them over and looked around me to see if they made any sense in the world, I saw they did. 

I am especially fascinated with the ideas of philosophical parenting.  I have two children with my wife and we are trying to implement some of the ideas.  I will likely spend most of my time in the Parenting forum.  I have a lot of questions about child-rearing as talked about on FDR.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.