truth-seeker reporting in

dsayers

Hello, everybody. I wanted to introduce myself. I live in/among/around Toledo, Ohio, USA. I am this many *holds up both hands, all digits outstretched three times, then once more with only seven fingers outstretched*. I work as a private investigator who often does security work, which is advantageous as I watch others talk about police as if protection cannot exist without first stealing from the "protected." I also have an informal background in computers and light programming. When I'm not exercising my brain seeking the truth, I do some gaming and enjoying watching Netflix and such.

The broad strokes of my life: My father was occasionally physically abusive and frequently used hostility in lieu of crossing the physical line. My mother spanked semi-regularly, including with leather belts and bare butts. They divorced when I was 3-4 and my sister was 1-2. They often used us as pawns to get at one another.

They also inflicted Christianity on us. I first learned it was bullshit when I was about 14-15 and started giving my stuff away and talking to friends about living off of people's kindness, going door to door to "do God's work" and it was explained to me that literal translation was a bad thing.

We were sent to government schools in an upper-middle class suburb despite being poor ourselves. I was isolated very early my first year and subjected to numerous tests. This made me feel like I had done something wrong by being smart. Later on, they even went so far as to stick me in a program called Severe Behavioral Handicap because the rate at which they covered the material was so slow, I couldn't sit still. Classic punish the child as if the system is pristine.

Both my parents remarried. My step-mom was verbally abused by my father. She ended up being more of a parent than both of my biologicals combined. My step-dad was an older man. My mother dominated him, erased him, and used him to work for things they didn't need.

In my teens, my mother switched to emotional abuse and guilt trips. And threatening me with my step-father even though despite being a runt, I could've taken him easily. My father became more hostile, though less physically abusive. He also put me to work as soon as he could get work out of me, which provided him with even more things to verbally attack me about.

For the sake of brevity, I won't go into too many details about my adult life right now. Suffice it to say that over the years, I had been looking into politics, the Constitution, etc. I had frequented a couple anti-police sites including one that was led by somebody who wasn't confrontational and shared intelligent readings, which interested me. It introduced me to self-ownership, the NAP, and objective morality. I enjoyed Larken Rose's work and then found Stefan Molyneux. This was a year ago and I've been studying philosophy and working on self-knowledge ever since. I've shared my experiences with those in my life for better or worse and decided it's time I start interacting with y'all.

I am a truth seeker and enjoy honesty. I hope to be challenged on my every imprecision, regardless of how small. I'm not afraid to speak with others and the better I am, the better I can help others understand that violence is what failed us. Or as Stef says, to expose the gun in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

That's very kind of you to say. I appreciate the feedback.

Joining the boards was sort of a next step in my development. People in my life let me know that it is VERY clear that I have changed. But I wanted a higher level of challenge in terms of holding me to consistency.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.