A wild anarchist appeared!

Hello all.My name is Brandon and I am a 21 year old male from Canada who`s been indulging in philosophy for several years.I can be described as an atheist, anarchist, philosopher, & vegetarian.I have been hesitant to make an account on any philosophy forums (including freedomain) due to the majority considering my arguments as radical & my former inability to converse coherently. But after persistent debates, altercations & conversations I feel not only capable, but feel it necessary to express my ideas within a like-minded community in hopes to perserve these ideas & provoke thought for both you and I alike.I will be creating my first thread sometime this week regarding the Non Aggression Principles validity only so with the inclusion of animals, and am looking forward to hearing responses once it is made.Thank you for taking the time to read this, & I will see you in the forums!- Philosarcophagus

Welcome to the boards Brandon!

How'd you get seduced into anarchism? How'd you stumble upon the show and community?

Well thanks!Well my philosophical journey started with the game Assassins Creed, I don't know if you're familiar... But it came out in '06 and the plot revolves around 'templars' controlling the people through religion and politics (very 'NWO' heavy) and the ending is of the 2012 theory.The ending tickled my curiosity which lead me to Alex Jones (lol) and the Zeitgeist films. Overtime, realizing Alex Jones as an icessant rambler with no solutions, I broke free of his hynosis which few (at least in my local community) seem to be able too, which lead me to Charlie Chaplin & philosophy.I don't recall how exactly I stumbled across Stefan Molyneux's videos, but probably from a suggested video which I immediately found akin too.I've only been truly passionate for it as a discipline for the past 2 years, before I would only occassionally dabble into Stef's videos.Transformation from an ignorant warmonger without regard for property rights into an anarchistic vegetarian philosopher... Been a helluva ride lol.

I actually made a very similar transition. A few other people on the boards went the NWO route too. I never really thought about it before, but why do you think that is?

I think it's because it predicates on the emotional response of peoples subconscious.People generally know something is wrong and conclude on their own that government needs severe minimization, but have difficulty taking the extra step into purely anarchistic. I find 'agnosticim' more previlent than atheism, because people still hold onto their historical and traditional roots no matter how irrational may be.It's easier for people to listen to someone ramble about 'Illuminati' and 'New World Order' and thinking there are just some bad people who are at fault for the conditions of society and environment, rather than realizing the blame lies with the face in the mirror.That's my take on it anyways...

It's easier for people to listen to someone ramble about 'Illuminati' and 'New World Order' and thinking there are just some bad people who are at fault for the conditions of society and environment, rather than realizing the blame lies with the face in the mirror.

I think you are right, and ironically these same people who are really big on the illuminati and NWO are pretty quick to say that they are the ones who are the cold hard realists. At least, I did when I was really big into that stuff.

It seems weird to me that the easier thing to accept would be the illuminati than anarchism. That really says something about people's perception of anarchism, haha.

I think you are right, and ironically these same people who are really big on the illuminati and NWO are pretty quick to say that they are the ones who are the cold hard realists. At least, I did when I was really big into that stuff.

It seems weird to me that the easier thing to accept would be the illuminati than anarchism. That really says something about people's perception of anarchism, haha.

I did the same while in that 'pseudo' state.Where everyone was referred to as 'asleep' or a 'sheep'... lol.I've noticed 2 camps of the philosophically inclined...1 being where many of us seem to start from (David Icke, Alex Jones, NWO, Illumintati, and strange ideas of alien intervention to human evolution or technologies & such)And those who've found it not satisfactory and continued our search of enlightenment elsewhere.I've found the former to consider themselves 'open minded' merely because they look into out of the ordinary theories, but when pressured cannot argue for the beliefs they claim as factual.It can be frustrating to witness people stuck in that position, for those of us who's transcended after it.Frustrating even more, trying to help push them out of that swamp without coming off as pretentious .

There's always one more step, even if we don't know what it is yet. It is frustrating to see the next step others can take when they can't. "I agree with not initiating the use of force... except for a little bit. I don't believe in gods... except this one." Doh!

I actually made a very similar transition. A few other people on the boards went the NWO route too. I never really thought about it before, but why do you think that is?

I would guess because they are skeptical of the status quo and of the stories they hear from news/govt/schools/etc.

• 1 month later...

It can be frustrating to witness people stuck in that position, for those of us who's transcended after it.Frustrating even more, trying to help push them out of that swamp without coming off as pretentious .

I know the feeling - I still have some very awkward work relationships that are forever tainted because I jumped the gun in a discussion regarding the concept of initiation of force (Government laws being nothing more than the threat of violence) - because they were totally unwilling to consider the cascade of preceding concepts necessary to present that truth in the usual mainstream understanding - they now just think I'm homophobic because of the surface context in which I presented the idea (which was about the 'need for more discrimination laws to ensure gainful employment for the LGBT community'). /sigh... it can be exhausting - then I remember how long it took me to unravel my fantasies of the State to even entertain these truths and I'm able to at least find some patience.In any case, welcome! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.