I can't believe it took me this long to get on the FDR forums.

Hello all!

My name is Steve and I hope to contribute something of value to this community.  I currently work as a rare coin and precious metals broker in Sarasota, Florida. If you need gold or silver, I'm your man. If there are any FDR fans in the Sarasota/Tampa area, I would very much like to meet. I know that the sort of people I'll meet here will be my type of people!

Onward with philosophy!

- Steve

Welcome, Mr. Stalma. Your title suggests a length of time before joining the forums. How long was it? What was your reason for coming aboard? (board, get it?  :unsure: )

It took me a year to finally join the boards. Spent that time studying a LOT. The most paramount value I've received from FDR was Stef's An Intro to Philosophy. An embarrassing admission for a man of my age, but it taught me how to think. So I spent that year studying, learning how to think, applying it, learning about child abuse, effects it has, self-knowledge, etc. At which point I finally decided I wanted to start exploring these ideas in a more concentrated arena.

What areas of the community do you think will be your specialties?

Hi Steven and welcome!

I'm a bit of a gold bug actually. I tend to have a look at some of the articles at 24hgold a couple of times a week  ( Jim Willy CB) , and check prices on a daily basis.

Fortunately I started buying in 2008, so recent losses haven't been a big setback in my case. 

What are your thoughts on PM's at the moment?

• 1 month later...

What drew me to these forums?

A place to express myself.

A place I feel comfortable.

A place where like-minded people work together.

I have been stalking the stefbot channel on youtube for at least 6 years now. 

Seriously.

And now I feel like it's my time to branch out--and donate.

What areas of the community do you think will be your specialties?

Good question.

I am in a unique position.

I moved to Florida to accept a position as a "Numismatic Consultant" at a well established coin company. (USCoins.com)

The job title is just a fancy way of saying a rare coin and precious metals broker.

So how can I used this to benefit you? Yeah you, the person reading this. The fellow anarchist and liberty lover reading these words right now?

Here's the short story:

There were once a few brothers who loved collecting coins. They followed their passion and built a decent sized numismatics company.  Numismatics are anything that have collector value due to rarity, condition, history or other factors. Imagine this--a hundred year old coin that shines just like the day it was minted.  Uncirculated coins over a hundred years old frequently sell for thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Millions sometimes.

Just like any artifact, there are people who are willing to pay very high premiums for perfectly preserved pieces of history.

So I digress. These brothers carve out a nice niche in the coin collector market. They grow to be seen as experts and even contribute as consultants to The Red Book of US Coins--this book being an industry standard for judging estimated coin value. So over these 40 years of being in business, the company has grown to focus on only prestigious and harder to find items.  That means the majority of what I do is sell very rare pieces to very wealthy people.But here's the kicker.

They also sell bullion.

And what's better--bullion sales make up a very small percentage of their business, this means that they can afford to offer things like American Silver Eagles and gold bars at VERY fair prices.

So, in a long winded fashion, THATS what I have to offer the community.

Typically people who only buy bullion (generic coins and bars) are an annoyance to me.  They take up my time that I could be using to talk to self-made millionaires or trust fund kids. I don't make squat on bullion, hence our low prices and my tendency to avoid selling it.

But for anarchists and anybody who appreciates FDR, I'll make an exception.

In fact, I want to talk to you!

It would be a breath of fresh air compared to the old crusty conservatives I sometimes work with.

Right now I'd recommend silver, it is ridiculously cheap and compared to its historical 16:1 ratio, it is more like 66:1 right now.

That's huge. But who would be surprised to find out the silver market has been rigged and undervalued?

But they would NEVER do that.

Anyways, I digress AGAIN--

Email me if you're interested in protecting yourself and family with gold or silver. Platinum, too.   [email protected]

Or you can call: 1-800-835-0008 Ext. 2810--ask for Steve.

But that aside, I also hope I am able to contribute material on good communication. 

Being able to write or talk to someone effectively is the master key to getting what you want out of your professional and personal life.

But anyhow, this post has gone on FAR too long, and I need sleep.

To sum things up, I love philosophy and I'm dedicated to mastering the art of communicating effectively.

This is war of words, and we will win it.

It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.