20 year old singer-songwriter from Brisbane, Australia.

I am a 20 year old singer-songwriter from Brisbane starting off my music project 'State of Nature'. Taking influence from artists such as Pink Floyd, Tool and The Cure, I see it as progressive music, but in a more philosophical sense. A means of healing and personal development through artistic expression. A rejection of the hierarchy, elitism and coercion by monopolized institutions. Progressing towards the idea that all interactions between human beings should be voluntary, our actions only dictated by our minds, the universe, or as I like to call it the 'State of Nature'.Here is a link my my latest song If you're interested.https://soundcloud.com/will-wyatt-4/reveal-william-wyatt-originalI have been listening to Stefan for a while which has of course had a profound impact on my life. I would just like to interact with people who could offer me some guidance. I already make a decent living from busking and playing gigs, but my goals is to have an elaborate stage production, developed in a grassroots way, as opposed to relying on the major label music industry that crushes so many great artist. I am not a very logically intelligent fellow, more of an INFP, but I must strive towards these passions, because one day I am going to die...Some personal distinctions from Stefan: I'm a philosophical voluntaryist, not exclusively ancap. I mostly identify as an agnostic pantheist, but still pretty atheistic leaning on the logical side. I merely believe pantheism and spirituality to be a metaphorical form of right brain psychotherapy for people who struggle with existential angst. As I interpret to be the views of people like Alan Watts, Einstein and Carl Jung.

From a fellow musician, great voice! And the song you linked to is pretty cool, very catchy in a haunting type of way. (I like "Soft Whispers of the Night" too) From my experience when people post on a message board "Hey here's a song a made!" ...my first reaction is "ok, well this will probably be awful" lol

Not so with you, sir! You've got a great sound and style. Excellent work! 

How do you do your recordings? They sound fairly raw. 

And "William Wyatt" is a great stage name! 

Oh, and welcome aboard! :)

From a fellow musician, great voice! And the song you linked to is pretty cool, very catchy in a haunting type of way. (I like "Soft Whispers of the Night" too) From my experience when people post on a message board "Hey here's a song a made!" ...my first reaction is "ok, well this will probably be awful" lol

Not so with you, sir! You've got a great sound and style. Excellent work! 

How do you do your recordings? They sound fairly raw. 

And "William Wyatt" is a great stage name! 

Oh, and welcome aboard! :)

Thank you greatly, It's really inspiring to receive praise from someone who shares such profound world views. You're right, it is a bedroom recording on my mobile phone. So I of course have a long way to develop psychologically and physically, but I am very happy to have come this far. I also ask people to acknowledge that I may not always define things correctly or empirically due to my lack of knowledge and experience, So I might say one thing, but mean another. But I would like to engage meaningfully with other people, including Stefan, which would most probably be on one of his podcasts, so developing clarity would be important for that interaction due to its time reliant nature.Now that I've read further I've come to a breakthrough personal discovery, that what I was roughly describing earlier is actually known to as a the concept of collective unconscious. Do you or anybody else have any views on this?First proposed by Carl Jung, An earlier concept derived from eastern philosophy is that of the cosmic consciousness. I looked up ties with these things and Stefan's videos and I couldn't find any. I would really love to hear his views on it, I am still an apprentice in terms of my understand of Stefan and his wife's system of psychology. With great respect, I still find myself at odds with some aspects of some of it, which I can't quite describe in empirical detail, perhaps due to a lack of understanding. It is possibly just an emotional disagreement with some of his expressions. I suppose you could say I believe these views could compliment each other as what I perceive to be forms of evolutionary psychology and philosophy in my unschooled definition of those words.Don't mistake me for directly advocating substance dualism, another concept I know only limited aspect about, but I'm metaphorically comparing all of these fundamental ideas/things and how they interact:Free Will - Determinism, Pragmatism - Principles,The Individual - The Collective, Left Brain - Right Brain. Logic- Emotional, Sharp - Flat, Light - Dark, Particles and Waves, Yin and Yang + - 1 2 0.reveal the within me, reveal the war right nowreveal the war within you, let's bring it down...reveal the hierarchy, for what they areabusers of the power, that's in us all... 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.