Hello Everyone

SeanL

Hi FDR members!  My name is Sean Lenckus.  I have been participating in FDR for less than six months now and I recently became a member in April.  I have been pretty active on the chat room for quite some time but I recently decided to start posting on the forums and I thought an introductory post would be a great start. 

I'll start off with my location.  I live in Plainfield, Illinois and I have lived here for the majority of my life.  I lived in Illinois for my whole life so I have gotten to enjoy the lovely weather and taxes here...lol.  I currently live with my parents but I plan on moving out in August.

I graduated from high school and college.  I went to Lewis University and I have a bachelor's degree in Philosophy of Law and Criminal Justice.  I also have a minor in Russian.  I work at a law firm in Joliet at the moment and I plan to attend law school starting in August.  I want to attend law school because I feel that I can utilize my skills at public speaking well in this environment and I have an compelling interest as to why individuals have so much of a reliance on the law.  I want to enter into alternative dispute resolution after law school if this is possible.

Well, I think that's everything relevant for an introductory post.  The only other topic worth mentioning is my childhood which I feel was not terrible but not great either.  I was punished frequently and it was mainly in the form of yelling and verbal discipline.  I was occasionally spanked and hit with a belt but never on bare skin.  My mother was the more hostile parent and our relationship is stable at the moment but I think that time away from my parents is a great decision.

Take care everyone..or "yous guys"...Chicagoans should understand that!

Sean Lenckus

welcome to the forum Sean!

Looking forward to your addition to the conversation.

If I were living in the states I'd go back to school and study philosophy. I have a 2 year degree in liberal arts. It's really just a degree to transfer for a 4 year college/university degree when you don't know what you want to study. Now at 31 it's pretty clear to me what my interests are. I wish you luck with that and I bet you learned lots of interesting things. 

It's good that you'll get to move out and live more independently.  How's your russian? 

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the FDR community! I enjoyed talking with you in chat yesterday. It's awesome that you'll be joining in the Chicago Meetups! I live just over an hour west of Chicago, far enough to be in the countryside outside the suburbs, among the corn fields and fireflies. I used to make it over to the Joliet/Romeoville area quite often. I look forward to meeting you!

Melesina

thelizardking52,

Я немного говорю по-русски.

Are you a fan of The Doors by any chance?  I'm asking because your username "thelizardking" was what Jim Morrison of The Doors used to describe himself as.

I typed "I speak some Russian".  The text is Cyrillic and each letter is from the Cyrillic alphabet.  It was created during the 9th century and of course, has gone through a change since then.  Now, it is used to communicate the languages of Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, and others.  Of course, there are differences in how the individual aforementioned languages are communicated but the basic script for these languages are based off of the Cyrillic script.

BTW, in regards to Morrison, I think he was one of the greatest vocalists ever.  Certainly one of the most unique ever.  My favorite vocal performance is probably When the Music's Over.  Love that song.

He lived free and didn't care what society told him he should be. His rebellion to authority was in defiance of others attempts to control him and wasn't an act to be cool or make money.It was genuine. He was still a crazy guy and all but that's one of the greatest things he showed us.

Cool info on Cyrillic. I speak spanish and english but to learn another alphabet must be tough. You can use it   when the moment's right and I'm sure it'll impress. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.