I am a librarian from Illinois and this is my first day on the forum.

Hi everybody my name is Phillip Schneider and I joined the forum about a month ago, but this is the first time I have spent any time on it.  I am from Illinois and I just finished up my Masters degree in Library Science.(my bachelors degree is in history)  I am currently employed at Elgin Library and I work at the reference desk.  If anyone lives in the Chicago land area and wants to come in and say hi I would be happy to talk to you, or help you with any research needs you have.  Right now I am living with my parents because of my debt, but my future plans are to save up money to move out on my own once more.  I want to eventually become a library director and stop at least one library from wasting my friends, family, and neighbors money on frills and unnecessary employees.  I also have plans of writing a book, or possibly a series of articles on sociopath and prominent figures from history.  I have done much of the research on sociopath and must not begin on choosing historical figures and researching them in depth.  I personally think most US presidents, especially the "great ones", such as Lincoln, FDR, Nixon, Roosevelt, Jackson, etc. were sociopaths.  I want to write this book to help encourage people to stop believing in hero's, and to stop leaving out important concepts about these figures.  I believe these peoples short coming and bad decisions can teach just as much as their good decisions.  I also want to try to shock people in to realizing how little they think they know about history.  Perhaps this will help stop history from repeating one day.

Welcome! :-)

And great book idea!  Post some stuff here if you ever want proof reading advise or comments overall.  I'm nowhere near Chicago but definitely have a few friends there.. 

Good to know we can call upon you for research advise! 

:-)

Later..

Hi everybody my name is Phillip Schneider and I joined the forum about a month ago, but this is the first time I have spent any time on it.  I am from Illinois and I just finished up my Masters degree in Library Science.(my bachelors degree is in history)  I am currently employed at Elgin Library and I work at the reference desk.  If anyone lives in the Chicago land area and wants to come in and say hi I would be happy to talk to you, or help you with any research needs you have.  Right now I am living with my parents because of my debt, but my future plans are to save up money to move out on my own once more.  I want to eventually become a library director and stop at least one library from wasting my friends, family, and neighbors money on frills and unnecessary employees.  I also have plans of writing a book, or possibly a series of articles on sociopath and prominent figures from history.  I have done much of the research on sociopath and must not begin on choosing historical figures and researching them in depth.  I personally think most US presidents, especially the "great ones", such as Lincoln, FDR, Nixon, Roosevelt, Jackson, etc. were sociopaths.  I want to write this book to help encourage people to stop believing in hero's, and to stop leaving out important concepts about these figures.  I believe these peoples short coming and bad decisions can teach just as much as their good decisions.  I also want to try to shock people in to realizing how little they think they know about history.  Perhaps this will help stop history from repeating one day.

Hi, Phillip. It's nice to meet you and welcome! I live in the Chicago area, about 60 miles west of the city. There's an active FDR Meetup group in Chicago and we'd enjoy meeting you in person. The Meetups are held every two weeks and posted at http://www.meetup.com/Freedomain-Radio/Chicago-IL/. The next one is July 5th, though we may change the venue. If so, it will be posted there. There's also an FDR Chicago Meetup group on facebook, if you're interested... https://www.facebook.com/groups/FDRChicagoMeetup/. Look forward to meeting you! :)

Awesome thanks for the invite.  I am usually quite busy with friend and family events during the summer, but I would love to attend a meeting eventually.  I will keep your events on my calender and hopefully I can attend soon.

Thank you for joining and welcome to the FDR Chicago Meetup group, Phil! We look forward to meeting you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.